Mark Sivy Bio (click on My Website link below for experience details)
During my career I’ve gained experience, skills, and knowledge in the realms of education, talent development, e-learning, business, leadership, corporate organization, learning technology, and instructional design. Additionally through my professional research and study, I’ve achieved a doctorate in educational leadership and instructional systems technology (human performance improvement), as well as expertise in online learning, virtual operations, learning theory, research methodologies, assessments / surveys, and evaluation processes. I now continue to merge this background with ongoing practice, research, theory, and innovation to meet professional obligations and to contribute to organization effectiveness and success.
• Learning, training and talent development
• Leadership and program management
• Instructional design and deployment
• In-person, online and blended learning
• E-Learning and learning technologies
• Assessment, evaluation and data analysis
• Instructional systems technology
• Human performance improvement (HPT)
• Communication (written, oral, and virtual)
• Collaboration and cross-functional teams
• Complex analysis and problem-solving
• Critical, abstract and creative thinking
• Evidence-based research and practice
• Project, knowledge and innovation management
• Increased a learning program’s enrollment by over 1200% through the use of innovative instructional design, implementation of educational technologies, and accommodation of learner diversity.
• Established an online learning program and technical infrastructure to support over 1,400 staff members and 22,000 end-users.
• Led cross-departmental collaborative efforts to create a digital media center, an instructional technology training and development lab, and a digital learning commons.
• Planned and developed multiple virtual learning environments for a state community college system comprised of 58 institutions and used the environments to offer online talent development, training, and support and host adult education classes.
• Hosted and co-directed an annual 3-day international learning conference.
• Directed a global team that delivered a two-day workshop on entrepreneurial and technological skills to an international group of learners assembled in the Middle East.
My disciplines and areas of professional expertise include…
Contact me regarding...
Cosmic Surrounding Technology, Inc.
- 7/2012 - Present
- 1/2012 - 7/2012
Urban Institute - University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- 8/2011 - 12/2011
Intentional Learning By Design
- 6/2009 - 12/2014
- 4/2007 - 7/2009
- 5/2001 - 4/2007
- 10/1999 - 5/2001
Cleveland County Schools
- 5/1998 - 9/1999
Cleveland County Schools
- 8/1987 - 7/1998
Katy Independent School District
- 8/1986 - 7/1987
Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- 1/1981 - 12/1985
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- International Association for K-12 Online Learning (iNACOL)
- Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education (SITE)
- Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- American Education Research Association (AERA)