Music-Applied Voice Instructor
Winona State University in Minnesota
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||April 5, 2014|
• Teach applied voice, vocal literature, vocal pedagogy, diction, class voice
• Recruitment of undergraduate voice students
• Advise and mentor students
• Participate on departmental and university committees
• Other duties may include teaching in a secondary area such as music history or music theory, directing opera workshop or choral chamber ensembles or other areas of responsibility according to the needs of the department and qualifications of the candidate.
• Doctorate in voice performance or related field completed by August 2014.
• Proven artistry as a vocal performer
• Evidence of successful studio teaching in voice at the collegiate level
• Ability to provide piano accompaniment during applied voice lessons
• A strong commitment to teaching and the recruitment of outstanding voice students
• Background in directing choral ensemble and/or opera workshops
• Ability to teach in secondary area such as music theory or music history
• K-12 public school teaching experience
• Strong skills in oral and written communications
• Values professional collaboration and community engagement
The applicant should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled; Review begins immediately
APPLICATION MATERIALS: In addition to completing the online application, please attach the following to your application: 1) A cover letter addressing how you meet the responsibilities and qualifications; 2) Resume/CV; 3) Transcripts (undergraduate and graduate); and 4) a list of at least 3 references, with addresses and telephone numbers.
If you have questions regarding your application, please contact Lori Mikl, Director of Affirmative Action/Equity & Legal Affairs, Winona State University at firstname.lastname@example.org or (507) 457-2766.
APPOINTMENT DATE: August 18, 2014
SALARY: Commensurate w/ Experience
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Fixed-Term/9 month appointment; with reappointment (up to a total of 4 years) possible dependent upon departmental need and budget.
POSITION AVAILABLE PENDING BUDGETARY APPROVAL.
NOTE: Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement between the Inter Faculty Organization (IFO) and the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Board of Trustees which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/index.html.
1. In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business, whether using a personal, rental or state vehicle, shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
2. Persons writing letters of reference should be advised of Minnesota's open record law which can make such letters available to applicants upon request.
A member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System. An equal opportunity educator and employer. Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/winona/default.cfm?action=viewJob&jobID=849807