Executive Director of the Colonial Academic Alliance
Colonial Academic Alliance in New York
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||August 29, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
The Colonial Academic Alliance is a consortium comprising 10 institutions of the Colonial Athletic Association that develops, promotes and facilitates collaborative programs and resource sharing to enhance academic quality and institutional effectiveness amongst the member institutions.
The Alliance seeks an Executive Director to manage the operations of the consortium under the direction of the Provosts' Council (the chief academic officers of the member institutions) and its Executive Committee.
The Colonial Academic Alliance institutions include: The College of Charleston, University of Delaware, Drexel University, Elon University, Hofstra University, James Madison University, University of North Carolina at Wilmington, Northeastern University, Towson University, and The College of William and Mary.
The Executive Director will:
- Work with university presidents, provosts, faculty and administrators on programs that meet institutional needs and address national higher education issues;
- Provide vision and leadership in articulating the Alliance's mission and implementing its strategic framework;
- Lead "communities of practice," composed of faculty and administrators at member institutions, working with them to develop programs that achieve Alliance goals;
- Work with faculty, staff and administrators to implement programs, including but not limited to: annual Undergraduate Research Conference, Pedagogy Summit, Visiting Professionals Program, and an Undergraduate Research Journal;
- Develop and implement communications programs-including electronic, social and print media-that promote the work of the Alliance and its member institutions;
- Develop and manage the Alliance's annual budget; perform administrative activities including personnel, financial and technology management; and
- Plan meetings and prepare periodic reports for the Provosts' Council.
Presently, the Alliance office is planned to be located on the campus of Hofstra University in Hempstead, NY, although alternate locations may be considered. Travel to member institutions is required.
- Experience in higher education;
- Master's degree or equivalent experience;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with demonstrated skills in cultivating and managing relationships;
- Strong sense of initiative, and the ability to work independently in a single person environment. Appropriate technical skills, including familiarity with teleconferencing, electronic publishing, and social media;
- Ability to work with a large number of people at all levels and across multiple institutions; and
- Skills in strategic planning, meeting facilitation, events planning, and budget management.
Salary and Benefits: Competitive; Commensurate with education and experience. A full benefit package is provided.
Application Process: For full consideration, please email a letter of application, resume, and contact information for three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin on October 1, 2014, and continue until the position is filled.
The Colonial Athletic Association and the Colonial Academic Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to email@example.com
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.