Associate Professor- ELPS Department
University of Tennessee- CEHHS- ELPS Dept. in Tennessee
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||August 29, 2014|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
The Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, provides graduate programs in Educational Administration (Ph.D; licensure, MS, Ed.S., online and face to face) and Higher Education Administration (MS and Ph.D.). See our department website (elps.utk.edu) for more information about these programs. We are seeking to fill a full-time, tenure track position at the associate professor rank to serve primarily the educational administration programs. Prospective applicants should be able to present evidence of scholarly productivity, excellence in teaching at the graduate level, including experience directing doctoral dissertations, and commitment to seeking external funding, providing outreach and service, working collaboratively with colleagues, and mentoring students and junior faculty.
To guide prospective candidates, and our consideration of applicants, the faculty has identified required qualifications for the position and desired qualifications, both of which are listed below. We expect applicants to speak to these in their cover letter. In addition, the application materials should include a current curriculum vitae and the names and contact information for three (3) references who are able to speak specifically to your qualifications for the position. Applications materials as well as questions about the positions should be directed to:
Dr. Mary Lynne Derrington, Chair, Faculty Search Committee
Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
University of Tennessee, 325 Bailey Education Complex
Knoxville, TN 37996-3400
The position will remain open until filled.
- Earned doctorate in educational leadership or a related field
- An established research agenda and record of scholarly publications
- Scholarly expertise in one or more of the following areas: law, finance, policy, educational foundations
- Experience chairing doctoral dissertations
- Experience teaching at the graduate level
- Experience teaching using online delivery methods
- Experience in securing external funding
- K-12 building level and/or central office leadership experience
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.