Director, Center for Educational Leadership
University of Tennessee- CEHHS- ELPS Dept. in Tennessee
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||August 28, 2014|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
The Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, is seeking a Director for its Center for Educational Leadership. The Center houses an exemplary leadership preparation program recognized throughout the state. The mission of the Center is to provide the next generation of school leaders to school districts in the state, with particular attention to expanding to meet this need for smaller, more rural school districts in East Tennessee. The Director will be expected to provide innovative leadership to this focus, in collaboration with the Assistant Director, as well as to enhance the scope and visibility of the Center and its work.
Prospective candidates must provide evidence of
- Earned doctorate in educational leadership or a related field
- National visibility in leadership preparation arenas
- Extensive knowledge of leadership preparation programs and the preparation of effective school leaders
- Expertise in program assessment and evaluation
- Extensive experience in conducting school-related research studies
- Strong record of securing external funding
- Administrative experience
- Experience in conducting professional development
- Strong interpersonal skills
The person chosen must be eligible for appointment to a tenure-track position (rank open), and it would be desirable for the person to have teaching experience at the graduate level. As time permits, the Director would teach a graduate class and get involved in working with doctoral students. For further information, contact the search committee chair email@example.com, 865/974-6150.
Screening of applications will begin September 30, 2014 and continue until the position is filled. Prospective candidates should send their vita, a list of three references with contact information, and a letter of application which speaks to the requirements for the position to:
Dr. Norma T. Mertz, Chair
Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
325 Bailey Education Complex
University of Tennessee
Knoxville, Tn 37996
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.