FlU -- Florida International University in Florida
|Date Posted||August 27, 2014|
Florida International University is a comprehensive university offering 340 majors in 188 degree programs in 23 colleges and schools, with innovative bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs across all disciplines including medicine, public health, law, journalism, hospitality, and architecture. FIU is Carnegie-designated as both a research university with high research activity and a community-engaged university. Located in the heart of the dynamic south Florida urban region, our multiple campuses serve over 50,000 students, placing FIU among the ten largest universities in the nation. Our annual research expenditures in excess of $100 million and our deep commitment to engagement have made FIU the go-to solutions center for issues ranging from local to global. FIU leads the nation in granting bachelor’s degrees, including in the STEM fields, to minority students and is first in awarding STEM master’s degrees to Hispanics. Our students, faculty, and staff reflect Miami’s diverse population, earning FIU the designation of Hispanic-Serving Institution. At FIU, we are proud to be ‘Worlds Ahead’! For more information about FIU, visit fiu.edu.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking an Educational Statistician to join our team of professionals.
• Provides statistical support such as educational, programmatic and curriculum studies, review and research, etc.
• Analyzes and interprets information related to medical student academic and clinical performance.
• Collects and analyzes educational data from internal and external data sources.
• Sets up databases and analyze data for selected program evaluation and research projects to ensure all records are maintained in a secure manner.
• Creates and maintains a library database of summary reports for easy access and integration into other data reports.
• Translates data into usable report format summaries.
• Reports results of statistical analyses, including information in the form of graphs, charts, and tables.
• Extracts and processes data for statistical modeling and graphic analysis, identify relationships and trends in data, as well as any factors that could affect the results.
• Supports educational research activities.
• Audits current practices and provide recommendations for improvement and solutions.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
• Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Statistics or related field preferred.
• Two (2) years of experience in an academic setting.
• Knowledge and experience with multivariate data analysis.
• Experience with SPSS, SAS, or equivalent statistical software.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID 508344. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.