ASSISTANT OR ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
Arizona State University in Arizona
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||August 27, 2014|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
COLLEGE: W.P.CareySchool of Business
DEPARTMENT: School ofAccountancy
TITLE: Assistant or Associate Professor
CATEGORY: Tenure Track Faculty
Full-time, tenure-track faculty holding the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor in the School of Accountancy in the W. P. Carey School of Business.
The candidate must contribute to theSchoolofAccountancys mission primarily in the areas of research and teaching. Research must be publishable in premier academic journals in accounting or a closely related field. The candidate must be able to contribute to curriculum development and to deliver excellent in-class instruction at the undergraduate, masters, and doctoral level.
1) A doctorate in business administration or a closely related field;
2) For appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor, a demonstrated capability to conduct research publishable in premier academic journals. For appointment at the rank of Associate Professor, a distinguished record of scholarship evidenced by publications in premier academic journals and an active continuing research agenda in the area.
3) Teaching experience appropriate to rank.
Demonstrated research and teaching potential in the areas of accounting information systems. Associate Professor highly desired.
The initial application deadline is October 30, 2014; if not filled, then every two weeks thereafter until search is closed. Subsequent application deadlines which fall on a University holiday will default to the end of the next business day.
Formal application may be accomplished through submission of a current vita in pdf format and evidence of teaching competency to SOA@asu.edu Please note on your application that you are applying for job search # 10874. A background check is required prior to employment.
The School of Accountancy (http://wpcarey.asu.edu/acc/) delivers degree programs at the B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. levels. The schools full-time faculty consists of four professors, four associate professors, ten assistant professors, three clinical faculty, one professor of practice, and nine lecturers. The W. P. Carey School of Business (http://wpcarey.asu.edu/) is one of the largest business schools in the United States with more than 150 faculty, 1,000 graduate, and 2,600 upper-division undergraduate students. The school is ranked 28th nationally for its undergraduate programs and 27th for the W. P. Carey MBA.
ArizonaStateUniversitys (http://www.asu.edu)Tempecampus is located in the heart ofTempewhere 50,000 students are enrolled in daytime and evening classes. The university is recognized nationally as a foremost research institution offering excellent undergraduate and graduate education and nationally-ranked athletic programs as well as a full array of cultural activities. ASUs Tempe campus offers 87 bachelors, 95 masters, 48 doctoral or terminal degree programs, and one law degree program.
Arizona State University is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to SOA@asu.edu
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.