Open Rank Tenure Track, Human-Centered Computing
Indiana University School of Informatics & Computing at IUPUI in Indiana
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||August 27, 2014|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
The Indiana University School of Informatics and Computing Indianapolis invites applications for two open-rank tenure-track faculty positions in the Department of Human-Centered Computing. The appointment will begin August 1, 2015 at the Indiana UniversityPurdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) campus. Exceptional researchers are being sought to join our fast-growing department. Candidates must demonstrate an outstanding scholarly record of research, exhibited by high-impact peer-reviewed publications and a forward-looking, vigorous research agenda that will secure competitive, external funding. While we are seeking candidates in all areas of Human-Centered Computing, we are particularly interested in those with strong research and teaching experience in the broadly defined area of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), including data and visual analytics for informatics problems. By strengthening or complementing the faculty research in the department, the ideal candidates will use creative, innovative approaches and technologies to address fundamental HCI and informatics challenges with broader societal impact, and have the potential to leverage the strengths of the IUPUI campus, including its unique location in downtown Indianapolis, interdisciplinary and collaborative environment and nation-wide leadership in the health and life sciences. Highly qualified candidates at all ranks will be considered.
- Ph.D. in an area such as Human-Centered Computing, Human-Computer Interaction, Informatics, Information Science, Computer Science, Communications, or related fields. Applicants must have completed their degree by the date of appointment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a record of outstanding research productivity and impact. The ability to secure external funding will be considered a strong competitive advantage in the assessment of the candidates.
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit effective teaching and to creatively adapt and diversify pedagogy for online or blended learning.
How to apply
Kindly submit PDF files containing (1) curriculum vitae, (2) cover letter, (3) research statement, including two papers that best represent the qualifications of the candidate, (4) teaching statement, and (5) the names and contact information of three references to Teresa Stukey, Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com
To ensure full consideration, please submit your application materials by October 15, 2014. However, the positions will remain open until filled.
Questions pertaining to these positions can be directed to the Chair of the Department of Human-Centered Computing Dr. Davide Bolchini at firstname.lastname@example.org
The School of Informatics and Computing is eager to consider applications from women and minorities. Indiana University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. IUPUI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution M/F/D/V.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to email@example.com
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.