Lecturer, Human-Centered Computing
Indiana University School of Informatics & Computing at IUPUI in Indiana
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||August 27, 2014|
|Type||Non tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Three Full-Time Lecturer Positions in Human-Centered Computing
(appointments starting January 1, 2015)
The Indiana University School of Informatics and Computing Indianapolis invites applications for three full-time lecturer-track faculty positions in the Department of Human-Centered Computing. The appointment will begin January 1, 2015 at the Indiana UniversityPurdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) campus. Exceptional instructors and committed educators are being sought to join our fast-growing department. While we are seeking candidates with the potential to contribute to the teaching in all areas of our Media Arts and Science undergraduate and graduate programs, we are especially interested in candidates with strong expertise in: video production/design and digital storytelling; audio engineering; digital imagery, visual design and layout for user interfaces; game design and development. Candidates must demonstrate an outstanding teaching record and several years of professional (industry) experience in the area of expertise, a commitment to innovative pedagogy and cultural diversity, a deep understanding of career pathways in the digital media industry, and a passion for student mentoring and success. Ideal candidates will also shape their teaching in ways that leverage the unique strengths of the IUPUI campus, including its location in downtown Indianapolis, interdisciplinary and collaborative environment and nation-wide leadership in the health and life sciences.
- Masters degree in area of expertise
- 5+ years of professional experience in the media technology industry
- The candidate must demonstrate ability to teach state-of-the-art media production tools, development engines and technologies in one or more of the above mentioned areas. For example, for video production/design: ability to teach Avid Media Composer, advanced experience with A/B rolling editing techniques. For audio engineering: ability to teach advanced audio design using ProTools, knowledge of production audio techniques, microphone technology, and post-production workflows.
- Effective teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level, and ability to adapt and diversify pedagogy for online or blended learning
Full-time lecturer-track faculty commit to a balanced workload of teaching and service, which includes:
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate courses (typically four courses per semester) in the Media Arts and Science Program
- Contribute to course and curriculum development and innovate pedagogical approaches
- Advise and mentor undergraduate and MS students in Capstone and Masters projects
- Commit to service at the department, school and campus level, as well as to the professional community.
How to apply
- Kindly submit PDF files containing (1) curriculum vita, including teaching experience, portfolio or link to online relevant projects/artifacts (2) cover letter explaining your interest in this position, (3) philosophy of teaching and recent student evaluations, (4) the names and contact information of three references to:
- Teresa Stukey, Human Resources Coordinator - Email: email@example.com
- To ensure full consideration, please submit your application materials by September 15, 2014. However, the positions will remain open until filled. Questions about these positions can be directed to Dr. Davide Bolchini, Chair of the Department of Human-Centered Computing Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The School of Informatics and Computing is eager to consider applications from women and minorities. Indiana University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. IUPUI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution M/F/D/V.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to email@example.com
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.