AVP Finance & Administration
Rochester Institute of Technology in New York
|Date Posted||August 26, 2014|
|Type||Non tenure track|
Rochester Institute of Technology
AVP Finance & Administration
Reporting to: President
Date of joining: As soon as possible
This position is expected to play a substantial role in the achievement of organizational goals, while also providing sound, ethical financial management and strengthening financial controls. The incumbent will be responsible for providing exceptional leadership in the day-to-day operations of the University, including oversight of the efficient and effective use of both financial and human resources.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create a positive climate amongst all staff members that promotes the highest level of internal and external customer service
• Manage day-to-day operations of the University ensuring smooth operations
• Provide direct supervision to the Director of IT, HR Coordinator, and Senior Accountant
• Oversee all human resource functions of the University, including, but not limited to: recruitment, training, payroll, benefits, and compliance
• Manage relationships with external service providers, including, but not limited to: banking and financial services institutions, insurance providers, government service providers, etc.
• Oversee facility maintenance and planning, including student housing
• Prepare annual business plans, budgets, and medium- and long-range financial forecasts
• Oversee all aspects of budgeting, accounting, audit, internal and external financial reporting, and cash management
• Implement policies and procedures and technology systems, as necessary, to maintain proper records and adequate accounting controls
• Supervise the IT function of the University, including database management, network security, and integration with systems used on the home campus (RIT NY)
• Directly oversee the University’s disaster response and business continuity efforts
• Liaise with the home campus (RIT NY) and RIT Dubai Offices of Institutional Effectiveness to ensure that Policy Manuals and Staff and Faculty Handbooks are up to date and meet the standards of Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MOHESR).
• Oversee compliance with regulatory bodies, such as KHDA & MOHESR, and monitor changes in UAE labor and immigration laws
• Assume responsibility for grievance-related concerns with employees and serve on ad-hoc advisory committees dealing with employee disciplinary issues, ensuring that actions adhere to all relevant rules and policies
• Perform other duties and/or special projects as opportunities are presented and/or requested by the President
• Relevant Experience: Candidate must demonstrate successful and effective knowledge of human resource management, information systems management, facility management, financial modeling, and accounting management. Eight or more years of demonstrated management ability, ideally in a university or similar non-profit environment.
• Technical Competencies: Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, and ERP systems, preferably with experience using Oracle
• Interpersonal Competencies: Proven ability to inspire excellence in self and others. Ability to solve problems independently, effectively, and creatively. Demonstrated attention to details. Ability to work on multiple high-priority projects. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated command of the English language.
• Education Level: Bachelor’s degree in business administration (or similar) required. CPA, CFA, or MBA strongly preferred.
• Please email your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Subject line must include the source, your name and position you are applying for;
e.g.: RIT Dubai website - - “AVP Finance & Administration – 2014”
RIT is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity, pluralism, and inclusion. For more information or inquiries, please visit RIT/TitleIX at http://www.rit.edu/diversity/titleix.html or the U.S. Department of Education at ED.Gov http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://apptrkr.com/511296