Associate Director - Student Financial Aid Services
University of Connecticut in Connecticut
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||August 25, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Associate Director Student Financial Aid Services (Management - Exempt)
Division of Enrollment Planning and Management
Office of Student Financial Aid Services
University of Connecticut
The Director of Student Financial Aid Services is seeking a dynamic, experienced Associate Director to perform a wide range of managerial functions. Duties will include overall management of departmental operations including having a major role in major personnel decisions; participate in the formulation of institutional polices related to financial aid deployment based on extensive funding and trend research and analysis and predictive statistical modeling; liaison to state, federal, and institutional auditors in relation to financial aid program compliance; departmental reporting, including the annual completion and submission of the Fiscal Operations Report and Application to Participate (FISAP) to the U.S. Department of Education, all reporting as it pertains to the Connecticut Aid to Public Colleges grant program to the CT Department of Higher Education, coordination and drafting of the OSFAS Annual Report, and weekly/monthly reporting related to financial aid budgetary parameters.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
1) Bachelors degree from a college or University accredited by a US Department of Education or internally recognized accrediting organization.
2) Five or more years experience in financial aid administration in a large university or college environment with a demonstrated progression of managerial responsibility.
3) Extensive experience with predictive modeling and trend research and analysis.
4) Thorough knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to financial aid.
5) Supervisory experience and demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage a moderate to large sized staff.
6) Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
7) Strong written and oral communication skills and decision-making ability.
8) Excellent interpersonal skills including the demonstrated ability to deal effectively with the public, University community and external constituencies.
9) Familiarity with enterprise applications.
1) Advanced degree.
2) Working knowledge of Oracle Student Administration System.
3) Experience working in a unionized environment.
This is a full-time, twelve-month position. Competitive salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
To Apply: Qualified applicants should submit electronically via Husky Hire (www.jobs.uconn.edu) a letter of application outlining experience relative to each position requirement, a current resume, and contact information for three professional references. Review of applicants will begin immediately. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2015072)
The University of Connecticut is an EEO/AA employer.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.jobs.uconn.edu