Jackson State University in Mississippi
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||August 21, 2014|
The Office of International Programs at Jackson State University invites applications for the ESL Instructor.
The ESL Instructor for the Office of International Programs will teach in all four language skill areas.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION: Masters degree in TESOL or Applied Linguistics
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
Applicants should hold U.S. citizenship or residency and be highly proficient in English.
1. Two (2) or more years of relevant teaching experience.
2. Experience teaching international students, whether ESL or EFL context.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Deliver the curriculum in interactive ways to teach the students while remaining culturally sensitive.
2. Assess students throughout eight-week sessions.
3. Participate in the testing, evaluation, placement, and orientation of international students.
4. Provide homework assignments and other activities.
5. Provide feedback and instruction for examinations and assignments.
6. Calculate and post mid-term and final grades; along with attendance records and student feedback.
7. Arrange experiential learning activities for students.
8. Contribute to discussions related to program accreditation and the curriculum.
9. Hold office hours for student advising.
10. Participate in faculty meetings.
11. Present periodically at TESOL conferences and/or other professional meetings.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
APPLICANTS CAN VIEW THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND APPLY ONLINE AT: https://jsums.peopleadmin.com.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://jsums.peopleadmin.com