Director of Finance & Administration - 26591BR
Yale University in Connecticut
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||August 20, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Yale School of Medicine offers an exciting opportunity for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, and a state-of-the-art concert hall.
Strategic administrative partner with and reporting formally to the Chair, Department of Emergency Medicine, and to the Deputy Dean, Yale School of Medicine (YSM) Finance and Administration. Responsible for all financial, research administration, personnel, space, and research infrastructure for the Department. The Director of Finance and Administration manages an annual operating budget of approximately $33 million, including $30 million in clinical revenues and $3 million in sponsored research grants and contracts. The department consists of 160 faculty and staff, including 70 clinical faculty, 20 research faculty, 49 mid-level providers, 52 residents, 6 clinical fellows, as well as 41 department staff. Emergency Medicine has three sites: Adult Emergency Services at York Street Campus which has 73,000 visits per year; Shoreline Medical Center (38,000 visits per year); and Saint Raphaels Campus located on Chapel Street (55,000 visits per year). The Department is constructing an expanded Simulation Center. For more information on the Department of Emergency Medicine, please visit:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree and ten years progressively responsible experience, 5 of which are in a leadership role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience with complex strategic planning and resource allocation, demonstrated fiscal responsibility and knowledge of accounting, financial reporting and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in managing relationships and influencing outcomes.
- Demonstrated creativity and effectiveness in a complex organization; demonstrated success in developing people and organizations.
- Demonstrated leadership experience involving a high level of decision-making, planning, organizational, problem-resolution and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to negotiate skillfully with both internal and external constituents.
- Preferred: Master's Degree in a related field.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at www.Yale.edu/jobs - the STARS ID for this position is 26591BR.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, excellent family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Yale.edu/jobs