Managing Director of Program Delivery
UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA in Virginia
|Date Posted||August 20, 2014|
Managing Director of Program Delivery
The University Of Virginia Darden School Of Business seeks nominations and applications for a Managing Director of Program Delivery to join its Executive Education team.
The Managing Director of Program Delivery will report to the Senior Associate Dean of Executive Education and is responsible for managing the program delivery operations for Darden’s Executive Education programs. This position works with colleagues and Darden faculty to deploy resources in a manner that supports the strategic growth and highest quality delivery of both custom and open programs. The ideal candidate will develop and maintain collaborative working relationships across finance, faculty, marketing, open enrollment and custom program management. The Managing Director will ensure operational excellence and accountability in managing a staff of 10-15 people, implement a budget and work effectively with various administrative functions at Darden and the University of Virginia.
Successful candidates will have:
- A demonstrated track record of performance and leadership in running a business or profit center in a professional service or academic environment.
- 10+ years of experience, with at least five years managing a $5 million to $10 million organization or business unit.
- Combination of experience in financial management and budget development with ability to reconcile financial activities and capture key data and processes.
- Proven effectiveness managing others, while empowering them to make decisions.
- Experience effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, the Board or other outside partners/influencers/clients.
- Success seeing beyond the numbers, identifying trends and new possibilities.
- Ability to build credible and strong relationships within the Darden enterprise to support well-run program delivery, operations, and financial administration.
- Proven success in effectively evaluating strengths and weaknesses of delivered programs with an objective of continual improvement for client service.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of management, faculty and business community: written, oral; individual, small groups and formal presentations.
- Working knowledge of leadership development. Human Resources or experience in collaborating with Chief Human Resource Officers, Chief Learning Officers, and/or Chief Financial Officers is preferred.
A Bachelor's degree is required. Master’s degree preferred, ideally in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or other relevant field. The selected candidate should be willing to travel moderately and work evenings and weekends depending on client needs and deadlines.
The Darden School of Business is one of the world's leading business schools, offering MBA, Ph.D. and Executive Education programs. The unique Darden experience combines the case study method, the highest-ranked faculty and a tight-knit learning environment where students, faculty and staff work together in a collaborative environment. The Executive Education program, attended by approximately 3,500 executives, is consistently rated among the top providers globally, with particular strengths in course design, teaching/faculty, service/facilities and leadership curriculum. Charlottesville, Virginia is a charming college town with extraordinary cultural resources, and is regarded as one of the top places to live in the United States.
To express interest in this opportunity, please send your cover letter, resume and references to: apply@Darden.virginia.edu.
All candidate information will be held in strict confidence.
The University of Virginia is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness.PI82898059