Director of Budgets for Academic Affairs
University of Dayton
|Deadline||September 08, 2014|
|Date Posted||August 19, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
The University of Dayton, founded in 1850 by the Society of Mary, is a Top
Ten Catholic research university. The University seeks outstanding,
diverse faculty and staff who value its mission and share its commitment to
academic excellence in teaching, research and artistic creativity, the
development of the whole person, and leadership and service in the local
and global community.
Responsible for planning, development, organization and implementation of policies and procedures for all areas of financial management under the office of the provost. The budget director reports to the Provost and will serve in an advisory capacity in providing forecasting and long range strategic financial planning for the Provost that is strategic and mission focused. This position acts as a point of contact or liaison to various central administrative and financial units within the broader university for the Universitys academic units. The Director will have ongoing responsibilities in the management of accounts and the budget process and will also be called upon in ad hoc situations to respond to needs that involve financial analysis of units or proposals. The Director of Budgets for Academic Affairs will assist the Provost in preparing presentations, research, and reports for University and external entities.
1) Bachelors degree in accounting or financial management from an accredited academic institution
2) Minimum 7 years accounting and record keeping experience
3) Minimum 5 years experience working with senior level administrators in accounting or financial management
4) Demonstrated experience with maintaining a high degree of confidentiality
5) Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and experience with databases
6) Demonstrated high level accuracy and attention to detail.
7) Demonstrated strong written communication skills
8) Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with multiple constituents
9) Demonstrated experience in working independently
1) Masters degree in accounting or financial management or MBA from an accredited academic institution
3) Ten or more years of experience working with senior level administrators in accounting and financial management.
4) Eight or more years of experience of progressively responsible experience in financial analysis and management
5) Higher education work experience at upper administrative levels
6) Two or more years of experience with Banner
7) Two or more years of experience with Cognos
8) Five or more years of successful experience with budget development, projections, variance analysis and financial metrics
9) Demonstrated experience in analyzing and understanding complex financial and conceptual material
10) Demonstrated strong verbal communication and listening skills with administrators, peers and subordinates
11) Proven decision making ability
12) Demonstrated successful experience in training on relevant budget matters
13) Demonstrated successful experience developing and delivering public presentations and reports to key constituents
14) Demonstrated knowledge of UDs characteristics of and culture as a Catholic and Marianist university
15) Demonstrated commitment to diversity
To attain its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is committed to the principles of diversity, inclusion and affirmative action and to equal opportunity policies and practices. We act affirmatively to recruit and hire women, traditionally under-represented minority groups, persons with disabilities and veterans.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://jobs.udayton.edu/postings/15519