Dean, College of Science & Mathematics and School of Biomedical Science and Health Professions
Rowan University in New Jersey
|Deadline||October 31, 2014|
|Date Posted||August 19, 2014|
Dean, College of Science & Mathematics and
School of Biomedical Science & Health Professions
As the chief academic and administrative officer of both the College and School, the Dean will be responsible for providing overall leadership in promoting academic and research excellence. The Dean will be responsible for managing rapid growth in the College and School while enhancing their national and international standings. The Dean will determine the visions for the College and School in collaboration with faculty, staff, and students within the framework of the University’s strategic plan. Responsibilities include oversight, enhancement, and development of high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs, fundraising, budget management, allocation of resources, alumni relations, and local, state, national, and international outreach.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A terminal degree in one of the College’s or School’s disciplines or a related field from an accredited institution
- An established record of excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service appropriate to the rank of Full Professor
- A student-centered approach to instruction and mentoring, as well as encouraging an atmosphere that focuses on the comprehensive care and development of students
- Effective communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success in administration, fundraising, budget and personnel management, and facilitation of grant acquisitions
- Experience with strategic planning and new program development
- Experience leading research enterprises that incorporate multiple investigators
- A comprehensive understanding of the needs of faculty to enhance research activity, growth, and collaboration
- An innovative and entrepreneurial vision for academic development and industry partnerships
The position will be available July 1, 2015. The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until October 31st, 2014.
Applications must contain a letter of interest that includes a vision statement and clear description o qualifications, a current vita, and names and contact information for three references. All applications must be submitted through our online applicant tracking system: http://rowanuniversity.hodesiq.com/job-details.aspx?jobid=4673675
Inquiries may be directed to the Chair of the Search Committee, Dr. Thomas Cavalieri, at
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://rowanuniversity.hodesiq.com/job-details.aspx?jobid=4673675