Director Data Management & Institutional Research
Middle Tennessee State University in Tennessee
|Deadline||September 19, 2014|
|Date Posted||August 19, 2014|
DIRECTOR DATA MANAGEMENT & INSTITUTIONAL RESEARCH
Institutional Effectiveness, Planning, & Research
Pos. # 605010 Req. # 2640
JOB DESCRIPTION: In collaboration with the Assistant Vice Provost, the Director Data Management and Institutional Research will develop a comprehensive institutional research program to support the University's mission and strategic initiatives. The Director will provide professional and technical leadership to assigned Institutional research staff, directing the University's internal and external reporting efforts, including requirements of state, federal government and accrediting bodies. The Director will perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Master's degree in computer information systems, computer science, educational research, or a quantitative research-oriented discipline, i.e., education, social sciences, business, or related field.
- Five years progressively responsible technical or analytical experience required (three years progressively responsible defined experience for a candidate with a doctorate).
- Experience with information systems such as Banner.
- Experience developing dashboards to present higher education data.
- Ability to use SQL Server, Excel, Word, SPSS or SAS and programming language(s).
- One year demonstrated experience in higher education institutional research working at an advanced level.
- Experience with federal and state reporting in higher education.
- Demonstrated track record of excellence in customer service and provision of data and information in a higher education setting.
- Doctorate preferred.
- Six years progressively responsible demonstrated experience in a technical or analytical capacity.
- Prior demonstrated experience in a higher education institutional research office working at an advanced level.
- Educational background in educational research, statistics, computer science or information systems.
- Prior experience with SQL Server.
FILING PROCEDURE: Interested applicants should submit the following required materials: (1) a cover letter indicating interest in the position; (2) a complete resume (3) an application submitted at: http://mtsujobs.mtsu.edu.
POSTING DATE: August 19, 2014
CLOSING DATE: September 19, 2014
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://mtsujobs.mtsu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=55352