Faculty Positions in Science, Technology, and Innovation
Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology in Massachusetts
|Deadline||December 15, 2014|
|Date Posted||August 18, 2014|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
The new Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) in Moscow seeks candidates in science and technology for tenured and tenure-track positions to begin mid-2015 or thereafter.
Established in collaboration with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Skoltech integrates strong foundational graduate educational programs and cutting-edge basic and applied research with an ecology of innovation and entrepreneurship to establish a new model for advancing knowledge, developing technology, and creating economic value to improve the Russian Federation and our world.
We encourage applications for positions in and across Skoltechs five technical focus themes, as well as in cross-cutting areas and in innovation and entrepreneurship. Applications in Skoltech priority areas listed below are of particular interest, but strong candidates in all areas of science and technology related to major themes are encouraged to apply.
- Energy Science and Technology (priority areas): hydrocarbon fuel production and transportation, hydrocarbon processing, smart grids, energy infrastructures (power, gas and heat), energy markets and regulation, and power electronics and devices
- Space Science and Technology (priority areas): supporting humans in long term space exploration, Earth science and the space environment, space systems architecture and spacecraft (payload) engineering, Space data
- Nuclear Science and Technology (priority areas): nuclear energy safety, materials for extreme environments, non-energy applications of nuclear and radiation technologies and human and biological radiation effects
- Information Science and Technology (priority areas): machine learning and artificial intelligence, systems and networks, big data-related areas, electronic materials and devices, quantum technology, and photonics
- Biomedical Science and Technology (priority areas): computational and systems biology, immunology and infectious disease, gene- and nano-medicine, regenerative medicine, neuroscience translational medicine
- Cross-cutting Areas: advanced materials and structures, composite materials in particular, computational and data-intensive science and engineering, human factors engineering
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation (including commercialization, product design/development, manufacturing, large scale systems). See related call for details.
Faculty will lead the development of a new curriculum and innovative research structure, with the opportunity to spend their first year at MIT to develop classroom materials and launch new research collaborations. Teaching and research will be carried out in the English language. Internationally competitive salary and benefits, startup packages, and opportunities for substantial research funding will be provided.
Please visit http://faculty.skoltech.ru/Positions for more information and application details.
Complete applications may be reviewed as they are submitted but must be received by December 15, 2014 for consideration in this round of recruiting.
Skoltech is committed to diversity and equality, and all are invited to apply without regard for gender, race or national origin.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://sktech-search.mit.edu