Coordinator, Regional Enrollment Center (214UC9033) Chicagoland Area
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||August 13, 2014|
The University of Cincinnati seeks applicants for the position of Coordinator, Regional Enrollment Center. Based in the Chicago area, this position reports to the Associate Director of Admissions for Recruitment and will coordinate all undergraduate recruitment and yield strategies for the Chicago and Milwaukee areas.
In collaboration with the Director, Associate Director, and other team members, responsibilities of the position include:
- Use demographic analyses, market research, and admissions data and activity to formulate, plan, and execute recruitment and yield strategies for freshmen and transfer students.
- Meet with students, families, school counselors, and community-based organizations both in individual and group settings to explain university admissions policies and answer questions about academic programs and campus life.
- Represent the university at college fairs, high school visits, and other recruitment and yield events.
- Develop targeted communications and events for students, families, and counselors in the geographic area.
- Prepare statistical reports and analyses.
- Advise and maintain liaison with campus colleagues, departments, and committees that focus on the recruitment and yield of Chicagoland and out-of-state populations.
- Organize alumni volunteers and incorporate them into recruitment and yield activities.
- Interpret and apply university policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Evaluate academic records of applicants to determine admissibility.
- Participate in regional professional organizations and professional development opportunities.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Ability and willingness to work some evenings/weekends and some overnight travel.
Recruitment and yield activities require significant travel within the territory in the fall and spring. Periodic travel to the main campus in Cincinnati for training, on-campus recruitment and yield events, and interaction with admissions staff will also be required.
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's degree with three (3) years experience; -OR- Associate's degree with five (5) years experience; -OR- seven (7) years experience. Experience must be in Enrollment Management or Admissions. A valid drivers license, the ability to lift 40 pounds, and work independently in a home-office environment are required.
Preferred Qualifications: Prior college recruitment experience in the Chicago area. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Confidence and the ability to execute top-quality projects both independently and as a member of a team.
- High energy, enthusiasm, and passion for the work.
- Motivation and conflict resolution skills.
- Commitment to a diverse applicant pool and student body and the ability to work with people from other backgrounds.
- Experience in the development of school counselor and community college counselor relationships.
- Experience working with a customer relationship management system.
How to Apply for position (214UC9033):
Submit UC application, including résumé and cover letter, online at www.jobsatuc.com.
The University of Cincinnati is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer/M/F/Vet/Disabled. UC is a smoke-free work environment.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.jobsatuc.com