Crowdfunding Project Manager
Michigan State University in Michigan
|Date Posted||August 12, 2014|
Crowdfunding Project Manager
The Crowdfunding Project Manager (Assistant Director of Annual Giving) will report to the Associate Director of Annual Giving. This position will oversee the day-to-day operation and support of two new online fundraising projects in University Advancement: a new campus-wide crowdfunding platform and an online “day of giving” campaign.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Under general supervision, plans, develops and implements basic marketing and/or sales plans, strategies and/or events for small or non-complex fundraising projects.
- 60% of position – Crowdfunding Manager
- Serves as project manager for operations of new campus-wide crowdfunding initiative.
- Establishes and manages crowdfunding project guidelines and application process.
- Create a marketing guide book for running a successful crowdfunding project.
- Identify, recruit and selects potential crowdfunding projects.
- Works with crowdfunding project owners to help create successful fundraising efforts.
- Creates a personalized stewardship plan for each crowdfunding project with owners.
- 10% of position – “Day of Giving” Campaign
- Serves as project manager for launch of new one-day online giving campaign
- Develops project timeline for launch of day of giving campaign
- Writes and edits content for online philanthropic initiatives including website, emails, social media and more. Assists with optimizing e-giving content, including creative tactics, to increase results.
- Coordinates marketing and promotional activities designed to promote awareness of the new programs within the campus community and general public.
- Ensures good customer service to both internal and external audiences by researching issues to resolves problems, providing appropriate information to answer questions and explaining services or strategies.
- Researches, analyzes, monitors and evaluates marketing and/or fundraising efforts for effectiveness, reporting results to appropriate higher levels of administration and making recommendations to improve.
- Keeps abreast of new and innovative methods for increase donations to through micro-fundraising style campaigns.
- Supports the Associate Director(s) and Director on additional projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, communications, or annual giving.
- 3-4 years of demonstrated success in managing online marketing/fundraising campaigns.
- Solid understanding of online fundraising technologies and best practices.
- Quantitative and analytical skills necessary to quickly and accurately assess campaign effectiveness.
- Well developed skills in business analysis and project management.
- Experience leveraging a CMS and technical understating of CRM technologies.
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work well independently and effectively as a team member.
- Excellent oral, written, listening and presentation skills.
- Desired experience working with a member-service and/or fundraising organization.
- Preferred knowledge or experience working with crowdfunding.
- Knowledge or understanding of higher education donor CRM solutions like Advance.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Paul Prewitt, Associate Director, Annual Giving at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All candidates must submit an application and resume through the Michigan State University Human Resources web-based system (MAP). The URL for this website is www.jobs.MSU.edu. Please indicate the position number 9867 when submitting your application.
An electronic version of this posting is available at www.advancement.msu.edu – follow the “Career Opportunities” link.
Screening of applicants will continue until the position is filled.
MSU is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. MSU is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The university actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities.PI82515579
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/4698cy2