Administrative Assistant to President Emeritus
Princeton University in New Jersey
|Date Posted||August 12, 2014|
The Administrative Assistantprovides high-level administrative support to the President Emeritus and Professor of Molecular Biology and Public Affairs, and reports directly to her.
The successful candidate must be flexible and able to adapt to changing needs; to work independently and take initiative; and be adept at problem-solving. He or she must interact effectively with individuals at all levels within and outside the University, and possess the judgment and discretion necessary to be entrusted with highly confidential information.
This is a 60% time position.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- 1. Managing the calendar of the President Emeritus by prioritizing, researching, and responding to requests; interacting on a daily basis with a variety of individuals including administrators, faculty members, students, alumni, external organizations, and the media.
- 2. Ensuring that the President Emeritus is prepared with appropriate materials in advance of meetings.
- 3. Preparing correspondence and managing internal and external communications; planning and developing meeting materials and maintaining files.
- 4. Coordinating domestic and international travel arrangements and assisting with special events, including conferences, meals, and visits.
- 5. Preparing course materials and assisting students.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. The highest level of professional judgment, discretion, confidentiality, and tact.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, changing environment
- Strong work ethic; commitment to completing work on a timely basis and at the highest level of accuracy and quality in matters of scheduling, proofreading, document processing, and relaying messages.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to set priorities and balance multiple demands with grace and good humor.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and data-gathering skills
- Command of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Visio and Outlook), web browsers and PeopleSoft and the willingness to learn new technologies.
- Flexibility; resourcefulness; adaptability to changing needs and demands; willingness to work longer hours as circumstances require
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience within a University administrative office setting
- Prior experience that required editorial skills.
- Prior experience in providing administrative support to a senior administrator.
- Experience planning international travel
- Experience within the administration of Princeton University
Princeton University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/rwv7qwg