Associate Director Of Operations & Evaluation
University of California Irvine in California
|Date Posted||August 12, 2014|
University of California Irvine
Office of Admissions & Relations with School
Associate Director of Operations & Evaluation
UCI Job No. 2014-0689
The University of California, Irvine (UCI) combines the strengths of a top Tier I research university with the benefits of an incomparable Southern California location and dynamic career environment. Since its opening in fall 1965, UCI has become internationally recognized for improving lives through research and discovery, fostering excellence in scholarship and teaching, and engaging and enriching the community. Committed to excellence through diversity, UCI currently enrolls over 27,000 students with an anticipated growth to 32,000 students by 2015.
The Associate Director of Operations & Evaluation (AD) is responsible for the visioning, coordination, and implementation of broad-based undergraduate admissions business practices for the UCI Office of Admissions and Relations with Schools (OARS). The AD provides operational leadership in initiating, scheduling, implementing, and evaluating a wide range of admissions-related operations in support of one of the largest and most diverse undergraduate admissions operations in the world. As a member of OARS executive management team, the AD provides technical, logistical, procedural, and processing expertise on all facets of OARS operations. The AD also represents the office on behalf of the Director, as necessary. The position oversees 17 staff with 3 direct reports, and 106 external readers.
• Bachelor's degree in higher education, public policy, the humanities or social sciences or related field with a minimum of 10 years of professional experience in admissions, enrollment management, or other complex organization of a related high-stakes nature; or an extraordinary record of appropriate experience may be considered in lieu of an advanced degree.
• Strong leadership skills demonstrated by the ability to teach, influence, persuade, and inspire others to take action based on a vision and strategic objectives; superior personnel management and supervisory skills.
• Outstanding communication skills demonstrated by the ability to interact comfortably with a wide range of diverse people, including professional staff, students, faculty, parents, system-wide colleagues, community partners, and media.
• Strong computer literacy for data management, organization, and processing. Must be able to analyze information and complex, multi-faceted problems, and situations in order to develop strategies for problem resolution and program planning.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to oversee a wide variety of activities, define problems, propose and implement effective solutions, and prioritize competing priorities.
• Significant experience writing, interpreting and revising University and department policies and procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to mediate conflict, problem-solve, and respond appropriately to student concerns.
• Exceptional critical thinking skills demonstrated by the ability to analyze information, evaluate results, and facilitate resolution of complex analytic issues and difficult challenges.
• Strong strategic planning, budgeting and financial skills demonstrated by successful experience in directing resources toward accomplishment of strategic objectives as well as a successful track record of analysis, program evaluation, budget review, fundraising, grant procurement, and risk management.
• Ability to travel outside of normal business hours to domestic and international locations.
• Ability to make a positive, cooperative work environment attuned to customer service excellence.
• Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment of changing priorities.
Application and Nomination
A resume with accompanying cover letter may be submitted via the UCI website at www.hr.uci.edu/employment.
Currently Accepting Applications
Visit University of California, Irvine’s website at www.uci.edu
The University of California, Irvine is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://apptrkr.com/503351