Assistant Professor of Inorganic Chemisty, tenure-track
Elon University in North Carolina
|Deadline||October 15, 2014|
|Date Posted||August 11, 2014|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
Elon University and the Department of Chemistry invite applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Inorganic Chemistry beginning August 2015. The position is opened for all areas of Inorganic Chemistry, but seeks candidates whose interests include bioinorganic, organometallics, materials or nanotechnology. A Ph.D. in Inorganic Chemistry or closely-related area is required and post-doctoral experience is preferred. Successful candidates must demonstrate the potential for excellence in undergraduate teaching and the commitment to sustained research involving undergraduate students. Teaching responsibilities include Inorganic Chemistry, General Chemistry I and II, and the associated lab courses along with the development of courses for non-majors. Additional upper-level elective courses may be possible depending on faculty expertise. Further, all tenure-track faculty members are expected to contribute to Elons Core Curriculum. Elon is a dynamic private, co-educational, comprehensive institution that is a national model for actively engaging faculty and students in teaching and learning. To learn more about Elon, please visit us at www.elon.edu.
Candidates must submit a PDF file via email to include the following documents for full consideration:
- A statement of interest in the position
- A complete curriculum vitae
- A summary (one page) of proposed research
- Detailed description of planned research (< 5 pages) with instrument needs and plans to include undergraduates
- A statement of teaching philosophy
- Unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts
Send the above information and three letters of recommendation to: Dr. Daniel Wright, Chemistry Search Chair, at ChemInorganic@elon.edu, including your full name in the subject field. Review of completed applications will begin October 15, 2014, and will continue until position is filled. Elon University is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to ChemInorganic@elon.edu
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.