Technical Communications Specialist - Engineering Administration
Purdue University in Indiana
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Work with Engineering graduate students to help them improve their written, oral, and graphical communication skills. Provide communications workshops for graduate students and, as time permits, provide individual students with feedback on their project reports, journal articles, conference papers, essays for fellowship applications, proposals, and presentations.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, or related area.
- Three years experience as technical writer; preferably in an Engineering or other STEM discipline.
- Experience in providing communication instruction and feedback to STEM students or employees.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to follow through on multiple student projects.
- Highly motivated individual who develops creative, practical approaches to helping students communicate technical information more effectively.
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills with ability in presenting technical information.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work with diverse groups of people from various cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to be persistent and patient, along with the ability to overcome any language barriers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize workload.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, and Adobe.
- Masters degree and/or PhD.
- University experience; preferably in a graduate school environment.
- Experience in writing essays for fellowships and having an understanding of the requirements.
- Experience working in an English as a Second Language program.
- ALL applicants must apply via Purdue's online recruitment system. No other applications will be accepted.
- A Background Check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime).
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution waiting period.
- Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Candidates may APPLY ONLINE at www.purdue.edu/careers and reference Job #1401328.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://purdue.edu/careers