MBA CHINA PROGRAM - SUPPORT SERVICES PROGRAM MANAGER
Arizona State University in Arizona
|Deadline||August 29, 2014|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2014|
MBA China Program - Support Services Program Manager
Arizona State University
W.P. Carey School of Business
Requisition Id# 6672BR
$45,000 to commensurate with education & experience
August 29, 2014
The W. P. Carey School of Business is looking for a confident and dependable individual who can support the China Program through the coordination of given curriculum, maintaining constant communication with students and alumni and through the translations of materials. This position will manage and coordinate specific graduate programs in China through the development and implementation of program operations, retention strategies, and assist with program marketing and the recruitment of program participants.
- Provides leadership in promoting academics, retention, and student learning that will enhance the academic mission of the program/university;
- Arranges and facilitates events on campus as well as in China;
- Assists with program branding and alumni engagement;
- provides program info-session presentations (in Chinese);
- Coordinates and assists with academic events as they pertain to recruitment/retention;
- Analyzes student data and conducts related research and provide executive summaries for program recruiting;
- Reviews and maintains website content;
- Reviews admission requirements and manages academic guidance to ensure given program curriculum is completed;
- Manages and implements support to ensure student success;
- Develops work plans and reports in accordance with established program objectives and funding limitations;
- Monitors and adheres to the program budget;
- Other responsibilities as assigned which may include supervision.
- Travel out of the country six (6) times/year for two weeks/visit.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment and five (5) years of related experience; OR, nine (9) years of related experience OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a Masters degree in Business Administration or related degree;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Chinese communities and proficiency in Chinese communication skills including writing, speaking, reading and interpersonal;
- Experience working in post-secondary education and/or service with a strong background in international education and management;
- Experience using sound judgment, discretion and a strong sense of professional ethics;
- Experience in technological skills, including MS Office, email, and internet;
- Experience with Budgets;
- Bilingual: English/Mandarin Chinese
Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting and walks short distances. Visual acuity and manual dexterity are required for daily use of desktop computer, as well as bending, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 20 pounds, and the ability to clearly communicate to perform essential duties. Expected to be responsive to customers, engaged in work production, resourceful, flexible, and respectful of others.
The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University has created the Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) program in Shanghai China with the vision to cultivate world class executives in collaboration with the Shanghai Advanced Institute of Finance (SAIF). The DBA program was designed as an alternative to traditional academic and research oriented doctoral programs and is unique in that its aimed at cultivating leaders who are inspired to create positive impacts through thoughtful transformation for the benefit of the community served.
Must be able to travel out of the country six (6) times/year for two weeks/visit
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 70,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Resumes should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meet the minimum and desired qualifications stated in this requisition.
Only electronic applications are accepted.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Staff Positions, see Req Id# 6672BR
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobId=790125