University of Idaho in Idaho
|Deadline||September 03, 2014|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2014|
|Type||Non tenure track|
College of Education
Ctr on Disabilities & Human Dev
Classification Group Title
$43,680-$45,760 (depending on qualifications and experience)
Type of Appointment
Full Time/Part Time
This position is contingent upon the continuation of work and/or funding.
70 - 80 Hours/Bi-Weekly
Clinical faculty members perform administrative, analytical, and research functions that complement UI’s mission in teaching, research, and service. Clinical faculty members may have teaching as a primary or major responsibility; in addition, they may advise students on their academic or professional programs, participate in research projects, serve on graduate students’ supervisory committees, engage in outreach and engagement activities, and act as expert advisers to faculty members or groups. Assignment to a clinical faculty position is based on demonstrated knowledge and practical experience in the field, academic degrees, scholarly contributions, or other professional accomplishments comparable to those expected of faculty within the unit.
Job Duty Function
• Lead the statewide child care team (IdahoSTARS) in the development and implementation of on-going professional learning opportunities related to including children with diverse abilities in child care and other early learning settings.
• Lead the statewide child care team(IdahoSTARS) in the development and implementation of on-going health and safety education for early care and education professionals.
• Oversee all education and mentoring activities related to inclusive care and health and safety for child care providers participating in IdahoSTARS professional development system including the Quality and Rating and Improvement System (QRIS).
• Mentor student interns.
• Engage in scholarship activities through research and publications.
• Maintain professional knowledge by reviewing professional publications; attending and presenting at professional conferences for continued professional development.
• Master’s Degree in early childhood or early childhood special education.
• Experience developing curriculum
• Experience providing professional development.
• Knowledge and experience in early care and education with young children who are typically and atypically developing and their families.
• Knowledge of health and safety standards in child care facilities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience and knowledge of statewide childcare systems.
• Record of securing external funds.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Review of applications will begin August 15th 2014, and continue until the position is filled.
Complete the online application and submit the following via the online application system:
Candidates should submit:
1. Letter of application.
2. Curriculum vitae.
3. Primary transcripts.
4. Contact information for 3 references.
Dr. Julie Fodor
University of Idaho
College of Education
PO Box 443082
Moscow ID, 83844-4401
Transcripts may be uploaded with the application or sent to the above address.
Background Check Statement
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates may be required to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
The University of Idaho is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is the policy of the regents that equal opportunity be afforded in education and employment to qualified persons regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran. It is also the policy of the University of Idaho to not discriminate based on sexual orientation.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://apptrkr.com/504652