Assistant Professor (2 tenure-track positions)
The College of New Jersey in New Jersey
|Deadline||October 01, 2014|
|Date Posted||August 7, 2014|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
The Department of Physics at The College of New Jersey (TCNJ) invites outstanding applicants for two tenure-track Assistant Professor positions starting late August 2015. For each position, we seek a broadly trained physicist who has the potential to establish a highly visible undergraduate research program and who will be passionate about teaching physics at every level of the curriculum in a primarily undergraduate, residential, liberal arts-centered institution.
1) Experimental Physics. This search is focused on an experimental physicist who works in one of the following areas (in order of preference): (a) condensed matter; (b) atomic/molecular; (c) nuclear/particle.
2) Physics Education. This search is focused on someone trained in, or with substantial experience in, physics education research. This faculty member will be strongly involved with our strong dual major in Physics and Secondary Education as well as with implementing modern pedagogical techniques in courses at different levels.
Teaching and research are mutually supportive activities at TCNJ. Candidates should be strongly committed to the teacher-scholar model, to maintaining both high-quality teaching and an active and productive research program involving highly motivated undergraduates, and to seeking external funding consistent with this mission. An earned doctorate in physics, or a closely related area, is required and post-doctoral experience is preferred. Please visit the following link for a more detailed description of the positions and more information about the department: http://physics.pages.tcnj.edu.
Applicants should e-mail a letter of application that clearly states for which position they are applying, a curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy (no longer than three pages) and a description of research interests and goals (no longer than three pages) in a single PDF file to email@example.com. Applicants should also e-mail unofficial transcripts (graduate and undergraduate) and representative reprints of published research papers (no more than three, and preferably as PDFs), as well as arrange for three current letters of recommendation to be e-mailed, at least one of which addresses teaching abilities. All e-mails should have the applicants name in the subject line. Applications are due by October 1, 2014. Late submissions will be considered if a suitable candidate pool is not identified by the deadline. Final offer of employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
The College of New Jersey is committed to creating a diverse community that supports all of its faculty, students and staff. All members of the TCNJ Campus Community share a responsibility for creating and sustaining a learning environment where difference is valued, equity is sought, and inclusiveness is practiced. The College of New Jersey is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.