CAREER DEVEL SVCS, CRD 3
University of Florida in Florida
|Deadline||August 17, 2014|
|Date Posted||August 7, 2014|
The incumbent in this position serves as the Assistant Director for Career Events within the Employer Relations Team of the UF Career Resource Center (CRC). This position develops, and maintains professional relationships with employers to create employment and career education opportunities for UF candidates. This position is responsible for planning, marketing, organizing, staffing, directing and evaluating the many career fair events presented by the Career Resource Center. Plans and facilitates career preparation workshops and career coaching to guide students through the career search process. Serves as the primary career liaison for one or more particular college for students.
1. Initiates, develops, and maintains professional relationships with employers to create employment and career education opportunities for UF candidates. Provides employer education and engagement to employer partner groups to support the mission of the Career Resource Center. (15%)
2. Plans, promotes, manages, and directs the many career day events presented by the career center. At the present time, there are two major Career Showcases spring and fall each hosting more than 300 employers and 5,000-10,000 students. In addition, there are six-eight specialized career events throughout the academic year. Uses our career services Symplicity/NACELink database management system to support the event management and financial tracking. Incumbent is responsible for creating and implementing employer recruitment & student promotional outreach plans for each event to support employment connections for University students and alumni and revenue generation for the career center. Manages events budgets and reporting of effectiveness of programs designed to meet campus, career center and stakeholder needs. (45%)
3. Supervises graduate students, interns, and student assistants in the coordination and management of career events and other activities for which this position is responsible. Manages the Employer Relations Ambassadors program, a student volunteer and development program sponsored by career services, to support campus recruitment promotions for employer and to increase student engagement. (20%)
4. Coordinates the centralized campus career fair managers network and meetings to centralize communications and promotions of campus-wide career events. Collaborates with University departments and stakeholders to share information, implement events and sustain partnerships for career events to support the Gator Nation. (5%)
5. Serves as the primary career liaison for students from one or more colleges on campus. Provides individual and group career coaching to assist individual career development needs including topics, such as career exploration, job search strategies and resume preparation. (15%)
Incumbent reports directly to the Career Resource Center Associate Director for Employer Relations. Supervision consists principally of general strategy guidelines from the Associate Director, with the incumbent developing specific plans and programs and reporting periodically on the status of such activities, making recommendations concerning activities directly or indirectly impacting the incumbents sphere or responsibility. May receive specific tasking concerning special initiatives or programs. In general, receives minimal direct supervision in a team-oriented work environment.
Minimum Requirements: Masters degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelors degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelors or masters degree with experience in event planning, marketing, development, volunteer management and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Position also requires attention to detail, organization and the ability to create a strong relationship in a team environment with university administrators, faculty, and students, and with employers interested or involved in CRC activities or programs. Requires strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills, computer skills, and knowledge of current job market, event planning and marketing trends. Knowledge of budgets, development work and program planning also desired. In addition, the following attributes are vital to the successful execution of the duties of this position: Demonstrated organizational skills, supervisory experience, the capability to accept multi-tasking, and experience in outreach strategies, marketing, and/or major event planning skills apparent.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://jobs.ufl.edu/postings/51282