Assistant Director, Academic (214UC8910)
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||August 6, 2014|
The University of Cincinnati Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning (CET&L) is seeking an Assistant Director to oversee assessment of Center programing and support institutional initiatives associated with teaching and learning.
Assistant Director duties include:
- Overseeing the creation, collection and maintenance of data for CET&L programs and reports.
- Supporting faculty and academic programs in the development and selection of evaluation instruments, strategies, and rubrics to measure program outcomes and effectiveness of the curriculum, teaching activities and student evaluations.
- Training faculty in effective assessment of student learning.
- Training faculty in the use of data to improve student learning.
- Participation in research and grant writing in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. (SoTL).
- Supporting faculty engaged in the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning (SoTL).
- Serving on committees as assigned.
- Participating in professional development activities to keep current in the field of faculty development teaching and learning, assessment, evaluation, and research methodologies.
- Doctoral degree.
- 2-5 years experience with evaluation and assessment in higher education.
- Experience in study design and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated expertise in multiple methods of data collection and analysis.
- Competency in using appropriate statistical software.
- Competency in quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Grant writing experience.
- Ph.D. in a STEM and/or social science discipline
- Familiarity with typical Institutional Review Board policies and protocols.
To apply for position (214UC8910), please see www.jobsatuc.com
The University of Cincinnati is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer/M/F/ Vet/Disabled. UC is a smoke-free work environment.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.jobsatuc.com