Associate Vice President for Human Resources
University of Georgia
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||August 5, 2014|
Associate Vice President for Human Resources
The University of Georgia invites applications for the position of Associate Vice President for Human Resources. This position reports directly to the Vice President for Finance and Administration and provides leadership for the Universitys human resources programs and services. As the Universitys chief human resources officer, the Associate Vice President is responsible for leading campus human resources efforts in collaboration with Vice Presidents, Deans, Directors, Department Heads, faculty, and staff. The central human resources organization includes 45 staff members who provide programs and services to approximately 9900 faculty and staff and more than 4800 retirees.
Qualified applicants must possess a masters degree in an appropriate academic discipline and at least 10 years of progressive experience in human resources administration with higher education experience preferred. Applicants must demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with all members of the University community.
- Assist executive leadership in the planning, development and implementation of effective human resource policies which support the strategic priorities of the University.
- Provide leadership for human resources professionals and unit directors to deliver effective and efficient operational support to schools, colleges, and University units in carrying out the strategic vision of the University leadership.
- The Associate Vice President will work collaboratively with deans, senior faculty and administrators to promote effective communications and to understand and support the human resources needs of the Universitys academic, research, public service and student life programs.
- Engage the campus community to assess and improve the services provided by the Universitys central human resources organization. Develop, monitor and recommend process improvements that align with the Universitys strategic vision.
- Ensure that the Universitys human resources operations are performed in accordance with federal, state, University and Board of Regents policies and procedures.
- Recruit and retain excellent and diverse managers and staff. Create a team of managers and staff who can independently conceptualize, resolve and complete increasingly complex and important tasks.
- Identify and assess opportunities for innovation.
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant/sea-grant university, is the largest and most comprehensive educational institution in Georgia. Founded in 1785 by the Georgia General
Assembly as the first state-chartered university in the country, the University is recognized as the flagship among the 31 institutions comprising the University System of Georgia. UGA is consistently ranked among the top 25 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta.
The University of Georgia will be assisted by Ellen Brown Landers and Tracie Smith of Heidrick & Struggles on this search. Anticipated start date is January 1, 2015. Initial review of applications will begin no later than September 15, 2014. Applications received by that date will be assured of full consideration. The application packet should include a cover letter detailing how the applicants credentials and experience meet the responsibilities and qualifications stated above; a current resume; and references. References will not be contacted without approval by applicant. Email submissions are preferred.
University of Georgia AVP, Human Resources Search Committee
c/o Heidrick & Struggles, Inc.
303 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 4300
Atlanta, GA 30308
Telephone: 404 682 7316
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.