Associate Director for Client Services, FMS Operations-100961
Carnegie Mellon University in Pennsylvania
|Date Posted||August 5, 2014|
Carnegie Mellon University invites applications for the position of Associate Director of Facilities Management Services for Client Services. The 275 member Facilities Management Services (FMS) Division is the primary steward of the facilities on Carnegie Mellon’s Pittsburgh campus. FMS is responsible for deferred project planning, utility services and facilities operations, maintenance & repair.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President and Director of Facilities Management Services, the Associate Director of Facilities Management Services for Client Services (ADCS) is a senior management position in FMS with responsibility for the FMS Service Response Center and the centralized oversight of FMS administrative personnel. The ADCS is the primary liaison between FMS and the University community and is charged with ensuring all branches of FMS provide the highest level of customer service. The ADCS is an integral part of the FMS service delivery team and must be capable of acting as the division head in the absence of the AVP.
The position requires a broad understanding of best-practices in facility operations and management including the development of alternative service delivery methods and issue resolution. An undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or equivalent combination of work experience in a related field is required. An advanced degree in Business Administration or Engineering is preferred. The successful candidate will possess a minimum of five (5) or more years experience in facility operations or maintenance services. The candidate must possess strong analytical, organizational, supervisory, reasoning, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills. Prior work experience in an environment that is comparable to Carnegie Mellon’s customer base, size, organization, and workforce is preferred.
For priority consideration, application materials should be received before August 22, 2014. Review of applications will begin immediately. An appointment is anticipated by October 15, 2014 with an expected start date no later than December 1, 2014. Visit Careers@CarnegieMellon: www.cmu.edu/jobs to apply for Posting #100961. Application materials should include a letter of interest, a resume, and contact information for five professional references.
Carnegie Mellon is a global research university with more than 12,000 students, 80,000 alumni, and 5,000 faculty and staff. Recognized for its world-class arts and technology programs, collaboration across disciplines, and innovative leadership of education in the fields of Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Fine Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Public Policy & Information Systems, and Science, Carnegie Mellon is consistently ranked among the top 25 universities in the United States. For more information about Carnegie Mellon University and Facilities Management Services, visit our websites at http://www.cmu.edu and http://www.cmu.edu/fms/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Women and other under-served groups are encouraged to apply.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent work experience (i.e., Journeyman level experience in one or more building trades level) as a Craftsman or supervisor in a maintenance environment.
- Licenses: Valid Driver’s License Required
- Experience: 4 or more years’ experience in facilities services or property management. Demonstrated customer-service experience and orientation.
- Skills: Strong organizational skills. Ability to work independently coordinating a variety of activities. Strong oral communication skills. Strong decision making skills. Ability to understand and analyze various data. Ability to understand the mechanical and electrical systems of the University. Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Project, email, calendaring, and database systems.
- Physical Mobility: Normally sedentary, but must be able to move around campus to inspect buildings and other facilities related work - standing; climbing stairs; climbing ladders. Keyboarding; bending; stooping to reach files.
- Environmental Conditions: Usual office setting, but periodic exposure to outdoor weather; moving machinery, construction sites and dusty environments.
- Mental: : Ability to deal with a wide variety of individuals while maintaining composure under sometimes difficult customer relations situations. Ability to organize numerous details and requests for service while under time pressures. Able to manage and resolve conflict and/or mediate disputes. Able and willing to hold colleagues accountable for service delivery. Work environment is regularly stressful and fast paced.
- Other: In order to meet Service Response and Special Event Support requirements, evening and weekend hours are required.
- Education: Master's Degree or equivalent experience (i.e., Masters level experience in one or more building trades) Preferred Education Degree in engineering field related to facilities, advanced degree in business administration
- Licenses: Facilities related certifications and licenses (e.g., Electrical, Plumbing, or HVAC licenses, journeyman or masters trades certification, project management professional, certified facilities manager, etc.).
- Experience: 5 or more years’ experience managing or coordinating maintenance shop or customer service activities in a university setting.
- Skills: Demonstrated understanding of facilities operations and project delivery concepts. Ability to inspect and review architectural plans and renderings. Experienced in using Maximo or other computerized maintenance management system.
- Mental: Demonstrated ability to handle multiple complex/confrontational situations and customers simultaneously.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/zmtbrrn