Associate Vice President for Research, Creative Activities and Technology Transfer
California State University, Fullerton in California
|Deadline||September 12, 2014|
|Date Posted||August 4, 2014|
Explore an Exciting Leadership Opportunity: Catch the Wave of Change at California State University Fullerton.
California State University, Fullerton invites applications and nominations for the Associate Vice President for Research, Creative Activities and Technology Transfer (RCATT).
The Associate Vice President for RCATT will be an entrepreneurial, collaborative and collegial leader who will:
- Lead the campus efforts to develop and strengthen capacity and productivity in trans-disciplinary research, scholarship, and creative activity across all disciplines at both Fullerton and Irvine campuses in support of the Universitys strategic plan
- Proactively network with potential community, government and corporate partners who want to learn more about the enterprise potential of the Universitys research, creative activity, and inventions
The AVP, reporting directly to the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs, has five direct reports:
- The Director of the Office of Research Development (ORD)
- The Director of the Office of Grants and Contracts (OGC)
- The Director of the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP)
- A Research Grants & Compliance Officer
- An Administrative Analyst Specialist
The ideal candidate for Associate Vice President for Research, Creative Activities and Technology Transfer will:
- Hold an earned doctorate or appropriate terminal degree
- Have a record of scholarship and teaching that merits appointment at the level of full professor
- Have significant experience in large grants acquisition and administering contracts and grants
- Have the ability to develop and implement strategies to increase the number and quality of grant submissions and awards
- Be familiar with intellectual property rights and technology transfer
- Possesses strong analytical and budgeting abilities
- Have experience in a regional, comprehensive, public university
Experience with the CSU is preferred but not required.
Application Procedure and Timeline
To ensure full consideration, materials should be received by September 12, 2014. Prior to submitting application materials, please review the position profile here. For additional information about CSUF, please visit www.fullerton.edu.
CSUF is being assisted with this search by R. H. Perry & Associates. All communications may be directed in confidence to: Dr. Toni Murdock, Senior Consultant at (520) 896-2264, (206) 795-7252 or CSUFAVP@rhperry.com, and/or to Mr. Matthew Kilcoyne, Vice President at (202) 253-9846 or CSUFAVP@rhperry.com.
About Cal State Fullerton
California State University, Fullerton (CSUF), one of 23 CSU System campuses, is a comprehensive, regional university. Located in northern Orange County approximately 30 minutes east of Los Angeles Fullerton is a vital, flourishing community of 130,000.
With more than 38,000 students and approximately 1,800 full- and part-time faculty members, CSUF offers 109-degree programs in eight colleges. The main campus consists of 29 buildings, including a $48-million performing arts center, a picturesque 26-acre Arboretum, a two-story, 95,000-square-foot student recreation center, and Steven G. Mihaylo Hall, home to the Mihaylo College of Business and Economics.
California State University, Fullerton celebrates all forms of cultural diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the Universitys strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to CSUFAVP@rhperry.com
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.