Assistant Vice President of Institutional Advancement
Dean College in Massachusetts
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||July 31, 2014|
Dean College invites applications for an Assistant Vice President of Institutional Advancement. This position is responsible for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of gift prospects for the College, including all associated events and activities. This individual will work closely with all elements of the Dean administrative and academic communities, to develop individually tailored strategies targeted to each prospect. Prospects will include alumni, parents, and friends. Position will also work with corporations and foundations to secure funding for the College.
- Works closely, under the supervision of the Vice President and with the staff of Institutional Advancement, to develop and maintain a comprehensive prospect listing of all potential donors with gift potential above $1,000. Manages communication and outreach strategies to individual gift prospects. Develops individual prospect strategies.
- Develops relationships with corporations. Is involved with local boards including, but not limited to, the Downtown Partnership, 495 Partnership, Chamber of Commerce, and others as needed. Cultivation tactics include Business Advisory Board, SCS partnerships, internship opportunities, all with the ultimate goal of financial support. Manages the oversight of the sponsorship component of the Golf Tournament and Dean Leadership Institute, working closely with the Senior Management team, as well as other designated events/programs.
- Responsible for the enhancement of strategic relationships with foundations that secure funding in support of College priorities. Will work with internal colleagues and consultants to create clear and compelling funding proposals.
- Develops and implements strategies to identify and incorporate new donors for assigned campaigns, including but not limited to, the Dean 150 Campaign to enlarge the donor base.
- Creates and manages several presidential level small lunches for high-end prospects.
- Travels as needed to meet with potential donors, corporations and foundations on behalf of the College.
- Works with internal advisory boards to cultivate and solicit funding, including Presidents Parent Advisory Council, Business Advisory Board, Alumni Advisory Council.
- Establishes, monitors, and manages goals for each area assigned and assumes responsibility for meeting those goals.
- Participates in campus wide committees as required.
- Makes presentations in public forums as needed.
- Available to work on evenings and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A bachelors degree in an appropriate discipline required.
- A minimum of five years of individual gifts experience or related experience, preference for experience within higher education or non-profit organization(s). 3, Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must demonstrate proven ability to achieve strong and trusting relationships with campus colleagues and key fundraising prospects.
- Must have outstanding organizational skills and the ability to efficiently utilize time and resources in coordinating prospect visits.
- The incumbent must hold superior writing skills with careful attention to every minor detail in all correspondence and communications.
- Must ensure ethical and principle based standards and expectations.
- Must be proficient with budgets, Microsoft Office, and fundraising software, Raisers Edge highly preferred.
- Valid Drivers License
- Must participate in the College mission.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume and contact information of three references to https://deancollege.trackingtalent.com/opportunities
Dean College is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://deancollege.trackingtalent.com/opportunities