Director of Talent and Organizational Development
Princeton University in New Jersey
|Date Posted||July 29, 2014|
Chartered in 1746, Princeton has enrolled 7900 students (5300 undergraduates and 2600 graduate students) and employs 6100 benefits-eligible employees. As a research university, Princeton seeks to achieve the highest levels of distinction in the discovery and transmission of knowledge and understanding. Princeton is distinctive among research universities in its commitment to undergraduate teaching.
University Services is a comprehensive auxiliary enterprise whose mission is to provide the highest level of service that supports Princeton's mission. Operational departments which comprise University Services are Housing & Real Estate Services, Campus Dining, Transportation & Parking Services, Print & Mail Services, Campus Venue Services, Conference & Event Services, University Scheduling, Tigercard and Trademark Licensing. In addition, University Services has centralized communications and finance departments providing support services.
University Services has a diverse staff of over 450 employees, with the largest contingent of unionized staff within the University (60% of total staff).
A member of the senior team, reporting to the Vice President for University Services, the Director of Talent and Organizational Development contributes to the overall success of University Services by developing and overseeing a comprehensive program for human resource administration to ensure we have and retain an exceptional and diverse team of productive and contributing employees. The Director is responsible for liaising with HR on hiring, employee relations and talent development issues, creating processes and coordinating efforts to engage in goal setting that supports group achievement and individual development, creating a professional development program, and executing the diversity and inclusion plan. Additionally, the Director is an experienced communicator and facilitator responsible for leading the development and implementation of an integrated strategy for communications to internal and external constituents. The Director works collaboratively, in support of operational unit Directors, to align decisions and strategic priorities, as well as devise strategies for each department to meet the organization's communications goals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic support to University Services hiring managers, by partnering with HR and others on all HR related activities - recruiting, retention, onboarding, performance management, employee engagement, competencies/skills assessment, professional development and career/succession planning
- Develop holistic and scalable reward and recognition programs
- Coordinate the annual review and merit increase processes
- Create a framework for professional development and mentoring programs, supporting the organization's customer service focus, that advances a diverse, high-quality staff
- Lead, integrate and support diversity and inclusion unit plan initiatives
- Strategize with University Services senior leadership and HR on issues related to reorganization plans and requests for changes in staffing, as required, being sensitive to the degree of organizational change and readiness
- Strategize and develop, with University Services senior leadership, a holistic approach for effective and efficient communications to both internal and external constituents
- Oversee the University Services Communications department whose responsibilities include coordinating, developing and implementing strategic communications and marketing initiatives that further enhance the understanding and utilization of University Services, including website development, publications, and social media. This team is also responsible for the preparation of presentations and reports for the Vice President and his executive team
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years of increasingly responsible professional experience, including at least 5 years of Human Resources experience or working on Human Resources related initiatives
- Experience working in a large scale organization or educational institution
- Experience assisting others in attracting, recruiting, mentoring, coaching, motivating, and leading a strong, cohesive and a high-performing team
- Ability to lead and grow the competency levels of staff and to create professional development programs and curriculum
- Managerial skills to facilitate both the establishment of a team- and a goal-oriented environment, providing vision and encouraging innovation and staff empowerment through active communication and delegation, building confidence and enthusiasm, compelling others to action, promoting diversity of thought, and celebrating achievements
- Sound judgment and problem solving skills; thoughtfulness and attention to detail; is self-reflective and has the ability to think strategically and act decisively; and strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, including sensitivity to the wants, needs and concerns of constituents
- Ability to negotiate and balance expectations and priorities of demanding stakeholders
- Experience with initiatives or programs to promote diversity and inclusion in an organization
- Exceptional oral, written, presentation and communication skills
- Understanding of basic communication and branding concepts and principles, as well as the effectiveness of visual communication and graphic design.
- Familiarity with various communication channels and platforms and ability to determine its impact based on situation and audience.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and tact
- Master's degree or professional HR certification
- Formal training in organizational development
- Experience in unionized environment
- Higher education or non-profit experience
- Knowledge of standards for workplace measurement and human resources metrics (i.e., best places to work)
The final candidate will be required to pass a background check successfully.
Princeton University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/p69j8n7