Assistant Professor, history of capitalism and political economy in Europe and/or the United States
Arizona State University in Arizona
|Deadline||September 30, 2014|
|Date Posted||July 28, 2014|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
The School of Historical, Philosophical, and Religious Studies (SHPRS) at Arizona State University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor specializing in the history of capitalism and political economy in Europe and/or the United States, from the 18th
century to the present. Anticipated start date: August 2015.
In addition being a member of the Schools history faculty, the successful candidate will be affiliated with the Center for Political Thought and Leadership at ASU, working closely with colleagues in program development and advancing the Center's involvement in the wider community in Phoenix and Arizona.
- Ph.D. in History or an appropriately adjacent field, specializing in the history of capitalism and political economy in Europe and/or the United States, 18th-century to the present, at the time of appointment.
- Broad command of the economic, political, and intellectual history of capitalism and political economy, in modern Europe and/or the United States
- Demonstrated ability to teach introductory, upper-division, and graduate courses in the above fields, as evidenced in cover letter and CV
- Research focus on (a) the relations between free-market institutions and political liberty in modern history; (b) on the contribution of economic theories and ideologies to the formation of public policy related to major sectors of modern economies such as industry, healthcare, housing education and related topics; or (c) on the intellectual history of the leading normative principles of modern political economy--economic freedom, growth and efficiency; distributive justice; political liberty, and constitutionalism.
To apply, submit the following application materials: 1) curriculum vitae; 2) contact information (name, address, email) for three references and 3) a cover letter stating qualifications, experience, accomplished research and future research plans, and teaching interests. The application should be submitted as a single pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org Assistant Professor-History, Job #10823 in the subject line. Application deadline is September 30, 2014; if not filled, reviews will occur every two weeks thereafter until search is closed. Background check is required for employment.
ASU is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committee to excellence through diversity. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. https://www.asu.edu.edu/titleIX/
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to email@example.com
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.