Director Assessment Resource Center
UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI COLUMBIA in Missouri
|Date Posted||July 25, 2014|
University of Missouri
College of Education
Director Assessment Resource Center
The College of Education at the University of Missouri (MU) seeks an innovative, experienced administrator to direct the Assessment Resource Center (ARC). ARC is a self-sustaining auxiliary unit in the College of Education in Columbia, Missouri. ARC develops, produces, evaluates and reports the results of tests, surveys, and other data-gathering instruments employed in student outcomes assessment; product and process evaluation; qualitative and quantitative research; selection and placement; and professional certification and licensure.
ARC has served Missouri’s educational community since the early 1930s, when it was established to serve Missouri’s public schools. ARC continues to be integrally involved in P-20 assessment throughout Missouri and other states, providing achievement and ability testing materials, survey materials, and scoring services to local and state educational agencies. ARC delivers classroom testing and course evaluation services to faculty and departments across the MU campus. Additionally, ARC staff members provide a range of custom assessment and research services not only on our campus, but to other institutions of higher education, offering a distinctive combination of consulting and customer service.
Basic Function and Responsibility
Leadership and direction of the Assessment Resource Center – responsible for all administrative, managerial, operational and financial components
- Direct the management and supervision of professional, administrative and office support staff in the following areas of emphasis: research and evaluation design and development; K-12 program development, production and distribution; educational support tools design and development; and performance based assessment scoring
- Build and maintain the structures, processes, programs, and culture that enable the sustainability of the organization
- Formulate and direct strategic and tactical planning to accomplish the mission and goals of the organization
- Generate revenue, increase efficiencies, and allocate resources to support the financial health of the organization
- Plan and administer the organization’s financial budget
- Procure and maintain grants; negotiate and secure contracts
- Develop and implement organizational policies and procedures
- Secure and maintain professional relations within the College of Education, the University, the State, Missouri K-12 educational institutions, and educational organizations
- Supporting the organization and college in the quest for excellence through continuous improvement
General direction is received from the Associate Dean for Research, College of Education
Administrative and functional supervision is exercised over 35-40 professional, technical, and/or support staff
- A master’s degree in business administration, higher educational administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
- Five to seven years of experience in a related field
To Apply: Apply on-line at http://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/index.php. Upload (a) letter of application in which candidates describes in detail their qualifications, (b) resume, and (c) contact information for at least five reference. Please contact Dr. Matthew P. Martens, Search Committee Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-882-3382 for questions about the position.
Beginning Review Date: Formal review of applications will begin August 27, 2014 and continue until position is filled.
The University of Missouri is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women, minorities, and disabled individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. To request ADA accommodations, please contact the Dean’s Office at 573-884-7717PI81568012