Administrative Specialist Security, Fire and Emergency Management
CUNY John Jay College in New York
|Deadline||August 23, 2014|
|Date Posted||July 25, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Security, Fire and Emergency Management
Job ID: 11087
Job Title Name: Administrative Specialist-Security, Fire and Emergency Management
Contract Title: Higher Education Assistant
Position Type: Regular/Full-Time
Closing Date: 8/23/2014
Compensation: $42,873- $71,073
College Website: http://www.jjay.cuny.edu
Provides administrative and program support to an administrative or academic department.
- Oversees department operations and assists management in planning department activities, creating schedules, assigning staff and preparing and delivering department communications.
- Works with appropriate offices related to personnel recruitment, expediting search activities
- Research coordinates and organizes materials for key events such as promotion and tenure reviews.
- Supervises and trains support staff and student workers.
- Manages budget and coordinates purchasing, accounting, and payroll.
- Provides instructions and basic advice to students, faculty, and others seeking information on department activities, policies, and schedules.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
In addition to the duties enumerated above, the Administrative Executive Assistant will:
- Aid, assist, and coordinate recruitment efforts for new degree initiatives both residential and online.
- Work closely with the department Chair on implementing new initiatives of the department.
- Oversee work study and temporary help.
- Oversee and coordinate enrollment efforts to bolster FTE populations.
John Jay College of Criminal Justice, a senior college of the City University of New York (CUNY), is an internationally recognized leader in educating for justice, committed to the advancement of justice and just societies. It is a public liberal arts college that enriches the entire learning experience by highlighting themes of justice across the arts, sciences, humanities, and social sciences. Located steps from Lincoln Center at the cultural heart of New York City, the College offers bachelors and masters degrees and participates in the doctoral programs of the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. John Jay College is also recognized for serving a broadly diverse student population. Under the leadership of its fourth president, Jeremy Travis, John Jay College has experienced unprecedented faculty hiring, an expansion of its curricular offerings, and the opening in 2011 of a new 600,000 square foot building complete with a black-box theatre, state-of-the-art lab space for students and faculty, a moot courtroom, and a variety of virtual learning settings.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
$42,873 - $71,073
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please visit our website at www.jjay.cuny.edu/jobs.Once you have registered or logged in with your user name and password, upload your cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references as one document.
August 23, 2014
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.