Director, Employee Assistance Programs
Florida International University in Florida
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||July 24, 2014|
Florida International University is a comprehensive university offering 340 majors in 188 degree programs in 23 colleges and schools, with innovative bachelors, masters and doctoral programs across all disciplines including medicine, public health, law, journalism, hospitality, and architecture. FIU is Carnegie-designated as both a research university with high research activity and a community-engaged university. Located in the heart of the dynamic south Florida urban region, our multiple campuses serve over 50,000 students, placing FIU among the ten largest universities in the nation. Our annual research expenditures in excess of $100 million and our deep commitment to engagement have made FIU the go-to solutions center for issues ranging from local to global. FIU leads the nation in granting bachelors degrees, including in the STEM fields, to minority students and is first in awarding STEM masters degrees to Hispanics. Our students, faculty, and staff reflect Miamis diverse population, earning FIU the designation of Hispanic-Serving Institution. At FIU, we are proud to be Worlds Ahead! For more information about FIU, visit fiu.edu.
FIU is seeking a Director, Employee Assistance Programs provides day-to-day direction, supervision, and overall administration of the Office of Employee Assistance.
- Provides and supervises crisis intervention, psychological first aid, and consultation to individuals, departments, and work groups, as needed. Conducts and supervises clinical interviews, consultations, brief problem-resolution-focused clinical interventions.
- Determines and facilitates appropriate referrals to community based services which may include mental health and/or substance abuse intervention, eldercare, financial, family, etc. for FIU employees and their immediate family members.
- Serves on and may direct appropriate committees at the university, local, state, and national level to promote services and scholarly activities in the field of employee assistance, to improve service quality, and to develop innovative service initiatives, as assigned by the Vice President of Human Resources.
- Develops and delivers educational programming regarding the OEA services, psychological health, resilience, wellness and other areas that impact personal and professional performance.
- Responsible for on-going data collection and statistical reported relevant to program evaluation, utilization of services, and quality of professional services. Prepares written reports and presentations for the Vice President of Human Resources, as requested.
- Provides consultations, educational programs in various mediums (i.e., online and face-to-face) and services to supervisors of university departments and offices, as well as educational outreach programs to all university employees, as individuals, as members of a department, and/or other campus group.
- Supervises temporary, clerical, and professional staff on MMC and BBC campuses.
- Provides consultation to faculty, staff and administration on issues impacting health and wellness as they pertain to job performance.
- Performs essential duties during any emergencies, such as hurricanes, storms and/or any other University emergency closing. Is expected to be available to report to work as needed during University emergency closings with appropriate notification by department administrator.
- Perform scholarly and creative educational activities.
Minimum qualifications: Master's degree and six years of experience in Employee Assistance Programs, Student Counseling, and/or Psychology experience in a higher educational setting. Must be a Florida Licensed or License-Eligible Mental Health Clinician.
Salary: $80,000 to $95,000, salary commensurate with experience.
For further information or to apply online visit our website at careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID #507965.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://careers.fiu.edu