Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership
The University of Maine in Maine
|Deadline||September 30, 2014|
|Date Posted||July 24, 2014|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• The Educational Leadership program seeks a colleague committed to excellence in teaching, research, and service.
• Educational Leadership faculty members collaboratively share responsibility for programmatic and instructional decisions within the program area.
• Co-teaching in our cohort-based programs, teaching off campus, and incorporating distance-learning options are additional expectations.
• The program offers courses and continues its work with doctoral candidates during the summer months.
• The position entails teaching and mentoring doctoral students as well as serving on dissertation committees.
• The candidate is also expected to establish working relationships with colleagues, practitioners, and policy-makers.
• The candidate will work with schools, districts, and professional organizations.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
• A Ph.D. or Ed.D in Educational Leadership is preferable by the date of application and required by the date of hire.
• The successful candidate must demonstrate an active research agenda in the field of educational leadership including publications and/or conference papers.
• Candidates must show evidence of university teaching in the field of educational leadership, guidance of student research, advising doctoral students, and strong working knowledge of leadership development and practice.
• The successful candidate must have a minimum of three years of experience working as a school leader (in either an administrative or teacher leader role) at the school or district level.
• The candidate should have experience addressing issues of diversity and difference that face educators in rural and urban school settings.
Appropriate background checks are required.
All UMS employees are required to comply with applicable policies and procedures, as well as to complete applicable workplace related screenings, and required employee trainings, such as Information Security, Safety Training, Workplace Violence and Sexual Harassment.
Materials must be submitted via "Apply For Position". You will need to create a profile and application; submit a letter explaining your qualifications for the position; curriculum vitae; a representative publication or conference paper; copies of postsecondary transcripts; and names and contact information of three references who can address your qualifications and potential for this position. Applications are due by September 30, 2014. Applications received after this date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University.
The University of Maine is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Academic Year (Sept-May)
Copies of Transcripts, Cover Letter, Publications, Resume/CV
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://umaine.hiretouch.com