Director of Program Development-Executive Education
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||July 24, 2014|
|Type||Non tenure track|
The Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs (SPEA) is searching for a Director of Program Development in its Executive Education Program. SPEA is ranked second among schools of public affairs in the United States, and its Executive Education Program is one of the most prestigious leadership development programs in the nation.
The Executive Education Program offers credit and non-credit courses, working with the public sector, nonprofit agencies, and the private sector to prepare leaders and managers to meet todays challenges and anticipate tomorrows opportunities. The program draws on SPEAs faculty resources in Bloomington and Indianapolis and on associate faculty who have extensive practical experience. It offers courses in a variety of locations in Indiana, across the nation and the globe. The program is housed at the IUPUI campus in Indianapolis, near the State Capitol, major sports, and downtown shopping and restaurants.
Candidates must have a Masters Degree or Ph.D. in Public or Nonprofit Management, Public Policy, Management, Health Administration or a related field. The successful candidate may be appointed as a clinical professor (rank determined by experience and campus rules), and the position will have teaching and administrative responsibilities. Successful candidates will have extensive professional experience that enables them to excel in carrying out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain and expand executive education programs to meet the leadership and management learning requirements of state, national and international public, nonprofit and private organizations.
- Design courses and programs in collaboration with clients; identify and nurture relationships with new clients, and expand offerings for existing clients.
- Identify, recruit, and manage a diverse and highly qualified set of instructors.
- Ensure a superior classroom experience for program participants.
- Encourage and develop superior instructional competencies and provide instructors with high quality instructional support.
- Manage external relationships with sponsoring associations, client organizations and alumni.
- Assess emerging educational needs of the clientele; represent the Program at national and regional meetings of client groups; provide consultative services to client groups; and maintain ongoing interaction with Program alumni.
- Build on the program's national reputation of excellence.
- Teach credit and noncredit courses.
Review of applications will begin on August 25, 2014, and continue until the position is filled. SPEA and Indiana University are committed to diversity and are especially interested in candidates who contribute to the achievement of our diversity objectives. Applications should submit a letter of application, a current CV, evidence of effectiveness in teaching and training, and full contact information for three potential references. Please submit application materials to:
Lilliard Richardson, Executive Associate Dean
C/O Ranna Johnson
School of Public and Environmental Affairs
(317) 274-4943/ Fax(317) 274-5153
For more information see http://spea.iupui.edu/facultyandstaff/faculty-openings/index.php
Indiana University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer, Educator and Contractor, M/F/D and strongly committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The university actively encourages applications and nominations of women, persons of color, applicants with disabilities and members of other underrepresented groups.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to email@example.com
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.