ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT
UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA in Virginia
|Date Posted||July 23, 2014|
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT FOR BUDGET AND FINANCIAL PLANNING,
OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT FOR MANAGEMENT AND BUDGET
The University has launched The Cornerstone Plan founded on Five Pillars or goals designed to fortify and further distinguish the University as it prepares to enter its third century; is installing a new resource allocation model grounded in the principles of activity based budgeting; and will be transforming how financial and managerial information is delivered to key financial decision-makers. To support and help direct these efforts, the University of Virginia is seeking an Assistant Vice President for Budget and Financial Planning to lead a budget office that will facilitate allocation of resources and participate in multi-year financial planning efforts.
Focused on customer service, the Assistant Vice President for Budget and Financial Planning will lead a staff that partners with senior leadership, schools, and units to provide objective, accurate, and timely information, analyses, and decision-support tools. The University Budget Office guides the annual operating and capital budget process; manages the application of the University Financial Model; evaluates and provides innovative solutions to ongoing budget and planning issues; advises the strategic planning process; and monitors performance against established budgets.
The University of Virginia is distinctive among institutions of higher education. Founded by Thomas Jefferson in 1819, the University sustains the ideal of developing leaders who are prepared to shape the future of the nation. The University is public, while nourished by the strong support of its alumni. The students who attend have been chosen because they show exceptional promise. The University remains the No. 2 best public university in the 2013 edition of the U.S. News & World Report rankings. Since U.S. News began ranking public universities as a separate category, U.Va. has ranked either No. 1 or No. 2.
The ideal candidate will be an accomplished finance and operations leader with notable experience in the private, public, and/or nonprofit sectors. He/she will have had positive, sustained impact in complex environments, where collaboration and influence management were critical to success. Ideally, he/she will have some knowledge of the academic environment. In addition, he/she will have a track record that includes:
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to finance, business, accounting, systems or equivalent, as a preferred credential. A Bachelor’s degree and significant relevant professional experience may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Experience in a supervisory role.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team in defining problems, conducting research, developing strategies, and implementing actions to achieve results on time and within budget.
- Ability to make timely decisions in an ambiguous environment and in a collaborative manner while meeting the University's objectives.
- Knowledge and experience in change management.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience developing effective communication processes and building relationships at all levels of an organization.
How to apply: To express interest in this opportunity, please prepare and upload a cover letter stating your interest in the position, along with a CV and three references, to https://jobs.virginia.edu and search posting number 0614686. If nominating an individual for this opportunity, please include the nominee’s contact information and send electronically to Susan Talbert at Sht2n@Virginia.EDU. The position will be carried out with full confidentiality; candidates will be notified before references are contacted.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.PI81345670
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/yv6b2f2