Vice President of Academic Affairs
Dean College in Massachusetts
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||July 21, 2014|
Dean College invites applications for a Vice President of Academic Affairs. The Vice President of Academic Affairs (VPAA) reports to the President and serves as Chief Academic Officer. The VPAA oversees the Assistant Vice President of Academic Affairs, Dean of Academic Administration and School Deans. The VPAA is a member of the Senior Management Team; provides leadership and management to all academic units; oversees the ongoing review of curriculum and assessment; provides vision and leadership to Pedagogy learning and related delivery systems; is an agent of innovation and change. The VPAA represents the College internally and externally with the Board of Trustees and alumni. The VPAA directs and manages the curriculum strategic planning process relative to NEASC and Massachusetts Board of Higher Education accreditation and approval processes. Ensures College curriculum reflects the Mission of the College.
- Oversees all matters relating to curriculum and instruction, faculty scheduling, and class scheduling.
- Oversees administration and budgets of all academic programs.
- Facilitates the use of technology to enhance teaching and learning, through collaboration with IT and faculty to plan and implement use of technology tools.
- Identifies and leads development and implementation of innovative teaching and learning initiatives and delivery systems.
- Coordinates periodic academic program review and works with the academic team in the review, study, and development of on-going curriculum offerings.
- Identifies and leads development of new academic curriculum and programs in accordance with long range institutional plans and goals.
- Develops and advances all long & short term operational & strategic plans for Academic Affairs.
- Oversees faculty and academic Deans/Staff recruitment and hiring, as well as Academic Handbook, Faculty Polices, and Procedures.
- Oversees the development and ongoing implementation/assessment of faculty development and performance appraisal initiatives.
- Leads Academic Leadership Team (Deans, AVPs, etc)
- Serves as liaison between the administration and the Trustees on all academic matters, in connection with the President.
- Serves as academic spokesperson for major College events.
- Assists the President with special projects as needed.
- Oversees Deans of Schools, and supports their academic and operational needs.
- Member of Assessment Steering Committee & Chair of Commencement Ceremony.
- Ability to work off hours, weekends as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
PhD/Ed.D and record of teaching excellence experience required. 10-15 years senior management experience in higher education required. Prior experience with development and delivery of curriculum for undergraduate students including experience managing NEASC and Board of Higher Education accrediting and approval processes. Experience managing budgets and corresponding academic planning including development of new degree programs, plans for appropriate instructional technology to enhance the learning & delivery experience; creating and implementing innovative curriculum & delivery systems. Experience developing and managing articulation agreements and academic partnerships. Ability to multi-task and work under pressure. Excellent leadership (Deans, AVPs, etc), organization, and management skills; must work collaboratively, with ability to communicate at all levels. Necessity for excellence in written and communication skills.
Dean College is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://deancollege.trackingtalent.com/opportunities