Colorado State University-Global Campus in Colorado
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||July 18, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Colorado State University-Global Campus is committed to advancing student success in a global society, investing in human capital, expanding the state economy, and enhancing the quality of life for citizens in the state of Colorado and beyond by providing access to dynamic degree programs characterized by academic excellence, innovative delivery technologies, and strong stakeholder engagement.
Colorado State University-Global Campus delivers the next generation of online education that lives up to the reputation of the Colorado State University System for quality and innovation. Offering Bachelors completion and Masters programs in career relevant fields, CSU-Global Campus is designed to fit into the busy lives of working adults. The 100% online university has faculty that are national leaders in their fields of study, and are specially trained to teach adult learners in an online platform. The university offers 8-week courses, with multiple start dates every semester and a simplified enrollment process.
The Librarian is responsible for the development, coordination and management of online library services and support for CSU-Global Campus faculty and students. The position reports to the Provost.
Major duties include:
- Serves as primary resource person to provide complete digital library services to CSU-Global Campus students, staff and faculty.
- Evaluates and selects electronic resources and administers electronic services. Coordinates access to databases and Internet resources for CSU-Global Campus faculty, staff and students.
- Provides the strategic vision to drive the online library.
- Administers, manages, coordinates and provides reference service via phone and email.
- Works with course development teams to ensure APA formatting, articles/videos/images are copyright compliance, secure copyright clearances, etc.
- Works collaboratively with other CSU-Global Campus team members to coordinate a variety of activities related to student support and success in research and library use.
- Manages and develops online and live tutorials for research and library use and online documentation.
- Plays a lead role in the design and implementation of information literacy programs and initiatives
- Oversees and monitors tutoring services & usage data. Makes recommendations such as additional hours and subjects areas, based on data.
Qualification & Education Requirements:
- Master's degree from an ALA (American Library Association) accredited graduate program
- Working knowledge of online technologies, and related teaching and learning issues in higher education
- Working knowledge of copyright issues in online course development and design
- Minimum of 3 years experience in successfully coordinating online library instruction programs and/or supporting distance learning in the higher education environment
- Exceptional organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- A positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change
- Experience teaching online at the post-secondary level
- Experience designing online courses
- Accountability: We are responsible for our own actions, for those of our department, and for our university as we strive to be amazing.
- Problem Solving: We identify solutions to facilitate student and CSU-Global success through nontraditional industry methods and progressive solutions that are effective, efficient, and innovative.
- Professionalism: We treat all others as we wish to be treated and as we wish to be defined by others.
- Results Driven: We drive student success in a global society through education, services, and support.
- Teamwork: We dont just talk about teamwork; we exhibit it in the way that we interact, consult each other, resolve issues, and respect each others contributions.
- Work Knowledge: We're a learning organization that is always evolving and is committed to continual improvement.
The following materials will need to be provided as part of the application process:
- Course Development - Provide documentation you have worked on such as a course that has been edited or co-written by you, instructions/tutorial you created for the course development team to follow, etc.
- Support Students Online - Provide documentation for an online library instruction program that you have developed.
- Knowledge of APA - Provide a tutorial or handout you created on citing in APA (6th edition).
Applications will be accepted until an appointment is made.In addition to Performance Assessment Material, applications must include: resume, cover letter addressing interest, and unofficial graduate transcripts. Applications will be held in confidence except for the individuals invited for campus interviews.
Colorado State University System is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements. In order to assist Colorado State University System in meeting its affirmative action responsibilities, ethnic minorities, women, and other protected class members are encouraged to apply and to also identify themselves.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://csuglobal.edu/careers