Assistant Women's Basketball Coach
Whitworth University in Washington
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||July 17, 2014|
|Type||Non tenure track|
Full-time 10 months
Hiring Range: $2,838 to $3,005 per month
Application review begins July 30, 2014. Position remains open until filled.
Reporting to Head Womens Basketball Coach, assist in the coaching of the womens basketball team. Duties include, but are not limited to, individual player development, recruiting, practice planning and implementation, travel arrangements, film exchange, and other assigned administrative tasks.
Responsibilities and Related Duties:
- Assist in the planning and implementation of basketball practice
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of qualified student-athletes
- Assist in the organization and administration of team travel and home game management
- Individual player development: skill, conditioning, and speed training
- Scouting of opponents: run film exchange, scout opponents and write scouting reports
- Teach physical education and activities courses depending on education and experience
- Other duties as assigned by the head coach
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors degree required; intercollegiate participation in basketball or previous coaching experience desirable.
- The ability and desire to adhere to all NCAA and NWC rules and regulations.
- Proven ability to relate positively to student-athletes and staff members.
- Demonstrated effectiveness at college-level teaching and proven capacity for professional scholarship preferred.
- A personal commitment to the Christian faith and to the integration of faith and learning.
- Demonstrated awareness and commitment to effectively establishing relationships and positive communications across multiple dimensions of diversity including, but not limited to race, gender, physical limitations, class or religious perspectives.
- An active commitment to equal opportunity and a commitment to the educational mission of Whitworth University as a Christian liberal arts university affiliated with the Presbyterian church.
- Compliance with Whitworths campus vehicle policy. This policy is available at www.whitworth.edu/Administration/FacilitiesServices/CampusVehiclePolicy.htm.
- Valid drivers license, post-offer physical, and background check required.
The following documents are required to complete the online application form at www.whitworth.edu/jobs :
1) A letter of interest that relates your education and experience to the qualifications of the position and includes a note confirming your interest in this position at our posted hiring range
3) The names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of three academic/professional references
4) A one-page document describing your personal commitment to the Christian faith.
Whitworth complies with all federal, state, and local nondiscrimination laws that are applicable to religious nonprofit institutions and does not engage in unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability. With our commitment to building a diverse community, the university encourages applications from populations underrepresented at Whitworth including members of racial/ethnic communities, women, and persons with disabilities.