Senior Coordinator, Victim Assistance
Georgia State University in Georgia
|Date Posted||July 17, 2014|
The Senior Coordinator for Victim Assistance will provide comprehensive assistance, intervention and support to students who have experienced victimization. This position will also expand Georgia State University's communication initiatives and prevention/education programming for new and continuing students in the areas of dating violence, domestic violence, sexual harassment/assault, stalking and bystander intervention to maintain institutional compliance with new federal regulations (e.g., Violence Against Women Act, Campus SaVE). The position will continue to serve as a primary Dean of Students Designee for critical incident response related to Victim Assistance needs and will report to the Director of Psychological and Health Services.
Salary: $46,804 - $53,000
Minimum Qualifications: Master's degree and three years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
- Two years of experience providing student services in a university setting.
- Experience providing victim assistance for victims of crimes including: sexual assault, relationship violence, and other crimes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Campus SaVe Act and its requirements for university campuses.
- Experience working collaboratively with students, faculty and staff in a wide variety of university committees, departments and/or student organizations to develop and implement programmatic initiatives.
- Experience with program evaluation.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software package.
To Apply: Submit an online application and resume at https://gsu.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=14000770. An offer of employment will be conditional on background verification.
Georgia State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://gsu.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=14000770