GRADUATE PROGRAMS STUDENT RECRUITER
Arizona State University in Arizona
|Deadline||July 29, 2014|
|Date Posted||July 16, 2014|
Graduate Programs Student Recruiter
Arizona State University
WPC GPO Dean
Requisition Id# 5955BR
Depends on Experience
July 29, 2014
The W. P. Carey School of Business Graduate Programs is seeking a Student Recruiter to work with a team of recruitment and admission staff to collectively interface with potential students through the selection and admission process of various masters programs with the following major responsibilities: develop and generate student leads for Master's programs through various venues; face to face, phone, on-line and on and off campus events, as well as providing counseling on program benefits.
Participate in the admission and application process by conducting interviews, processing applications and supporting materials and understanding the requirements in order to evaluate all application components to render an admission decision and/or scholarship award; monitors application progress from start to completion and identifies; maintain accurate data throughout the admission process providing weekly, monthly and yearly reporting. Conduct student related internal meetings; coordinate and assist in creating internal and external communications to new student leads, prospective students and admitted students; and resolves any problems as needed.
- Works to generate student leads interested in Master's programs through various face to face, phone, and online venues providing program benefits and admissions requirements.
- Maintains effective communication with perspective students regarding degree programs.
- Manages prospective students by maintaining extensive contacts; monitoring application progress from start to completion, identifying and resolving problems and conducting student related internal meetings. (Maintains an applicant management system to track new information on prospective students.
- Qualifies prospective students through program enrollment requirements and admissions
- Retains the overall interest of admitted students in platforms and student/corporate relationships through program enrollment. (Confusing...needs to be reworded)
- Assists Director in identifying market trends that could potentially affect recruiting strategies.
- Represents the program through various presentations and attended activities such as college fairs and community meetings.
- Coordinates and may assist in creating internal and external communications to new student leads, prospective students and admitted students via letters, articles, newsletter support, phone and, E-mail interactions.
- Plans and coordinates on and off campus recruitment programs for prospective students.
- Disseminates informational material to prospective students (i.e., admission and financial aid applications).
- Coordinates processing of admissions application for prospective students with Graduate College.
- Collaborates with Director on marketing/sales projects and sales proposals and creative initiatives and updates on required marketing/sales project(s) needs.
- Acts as School and program representative on various university committees, and on corporate advisory boards, when necessary.
DAYS AND SCHEDULE:
Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM; to include evenings and weekends.
Travel commitments may include domestics and international requirements involving extended and/or protracted periods of time.
Bachelor's degree in a related field and three (3) years related experience, one (1) of which includes professional sales and/or direct marketing-related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved. Travel commitments may include domestics and international requirements involving extended and/or protracted periods of time.
Demonstrated knowledge of: graduate admissions practices and principles; federal regulations pertaining to international students; understanding customer service perspectives and needs. Experience in: applying marketing/selling techniques and methods; designing promotional presentation materials and giving public presentations; planning and directing promotional activities; creating student admission activity reports; analyzing data to make informed recruitment decisions; working in a higher education setting with diverse populations and cultures; Microsoft Office aplications (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook); CRM systems such as PeopleSoft and Salesforce. Evidence of effective verbal and written communications, including grammar and spelling.
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse (65%).
Required to stand for varying lengths of time, and walk moderate distances to perform work (25%).
Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds (15%).
Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions of the job.
Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals.
This position receives annual managerial review of objectives
The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University is one of the largest business schools in the United States with more than 1,500 graduate students and more than 8,300 undergraduates.
Solutions for the planet mean developing problem-solvers from around the globe. From our world-renowned faculty representing six continents to thousands of outstanding students who join us every year from around the world, the W. P. Carey School welcomes diversity and encourages global thinking.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 70,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement :
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Resumes should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meet the minimum and desired qualifications stated in this requisition.
Only electronic applications are accepted.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Staff Positions, see Req Id#5955BR
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobId=765020