Director - Facilities EHS - 0170077
Georgia Institute of Technology in Georgia
|Date Posted||July 16, 2014|
Job Purpose: Provide executive direction to the formulation and administration of Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) policies and programs in meeting the Institute's public health, safety, environmental protection and compliance responsibilities. Responsible for establishing unit goals, determining resources required, assessing performance and providing feedback and making pay decisions.
- Develop departmental short and long term goals and objectives and oversee workforce management within the Environmental Health and Safety organization.
- Monitor EHS programs for compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Develop programs and obtain resources required to execute all aspects of the Institute's environmental responsibilities including those covering occupational health, industrial hygiene, chemical, laboratory biological, radiation safety, animal care and usage.
- Develop benchmarking criteria and collect performance data to monitor success and risk conditions associated with environmental health and safety programs.
- Develop and implement programs dealing with the investigation and prevention of accidents; risk management and loss control; workforce safety and emergency preparedness.
- Serve on and/or contribute guidance and support to various Institute committees and councils related to governance and compliance regarding environmental health and safety.
- Formulate, and with approval, administer EHS operating budget.
- Advise the Facilities organization on the design, construction and maintenance of structures and infrastructure system as they relate to environmental, health and safety compliance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science or related field.
- Work Experience: Ten or more years of experience in the management of environmental, health and safety related programs.
- Certifications: CIH, CSP, CHP or PE certifications.
- Skills: This job requires advanced knowledge in the organization and management of environmental health and safety programs, processes and practices including those related to bio-safety and bio-hazards, animal care and use, radiological safety, , hazardous materials handling, occupational health and safety, chemical/lab safety, and risk management. Skills in administration, the application of management principles and practices, application of environmental laws and regulations, research administration and conducting negotiation are also required.
- Preferred Education: Master's Degree in Engineering, Science or related field.
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: N/A
Additional Information: N/A
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: Institute executives and department heads, EHS management and staff and representatives of regulatory agencies. This position typically will advise and counsel: Institute executives, EHS management and staff.
This position will supervise: EHS management and staff.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit an application and résumé at: http://careers.gatech.edu/ Please search for requisition number 0170077 or by title Director - Facilities EHS.
Georgia Institute of Technology is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://careers.gatech.edu