Academic Program Coordinator - 2 positions - Public Management
CUNY John Jay College in New York
|Date Posted||July 16, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Academic Program Coordinator 2 positions - Public Management
CUNY John Jay College
Job ID: 11023
Contract Title: Assistant to HEO
Position Type: Regular/Full-Time
Closing Date: 8/13/2014
College website: www.jjay.cuny.edu
- Provides basic operational and analytical support related to a College's specialized academic program.
- Supports the directors and managers with orientation preparation, student advisement regarding program requirements, and providing basic information about financial aid and registration
- Manages office records including faculty files; prepares reports and surveys; collects and maintains statistical data on program activities
- Serves as liaison to various College offices to provide service delivery and appropriate referrals to students
- Collects and reviews syllabi to ensure compliance with standards
- Serves as resource person for students and faculty regarding program policies and procedures
- May supervise office operations and/or monitor department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Assistant to HEO
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Program Coordinator in Public Administration supports MPA Program student advisement regarding program requirements and provides basic information about program services and course registration. In addition to the general duties, the Academic Program Coordinator will:
- Develop degree completion plans and arrange for faculty advising of MPA students.
- Administer MPA Services program such as textbook and technology loan programs, including the maintenance of records related to MPA Services; prepare reports and surveys; collect and maintain statistical data on program activities.
- May support office operations and/or monitor MPA Program expenditures.
- Organize and administer orientation programs and academic support workshops.
- Support the processing of waivers and substitutions
- Assist in the administration of the MPA Qualifying Examination and in the coordination of the grading process.
John Jay College of Criminal Justice, a senior college of the City University of New York (CUNY), is an internationally recognized leader in educating for justice, committed to the advancement of justice and just societies. It is a public liberal arts college that enriches the entire learning experience by highlighting themes of justice across the arts, sciences, humanities, and social sciences. Located steps from Lincoln Center at the cultural heart of New York City, the College offers bachelors and masters degrees and participates in the doctoral programs of the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. John Jay College is also recognized for serving a broadly diverse student population. Under the leadership of its fourth president, Jeremy Travis, John Jay College has experienced unprecedented faculty hiring, an expansion of its curricular offerings, and the opening in 2011 of a new 600,000 square foot building complete with a black-box theatre, state-of-the-art lab space for students and faculty, a moot courtroom, and a variety of virtual learning settings.
Bachelor's Degree required.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please visit our website at www.jjay.cuny.edu/jobs.Once you have registered or logged in with your user name and password, upload your cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references as one document.
August 13, 2014
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.