Associate Director for MPA Career Program
CUNY John Jay College in New York
|Date Posted||July 14, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Associate Director for MPA Career Program
Center for Career & Professional Development
CUNY John Jay College
Job ID: 10976
Contract Title: Higher Education Associate
Position Type: Regular/Full-Time
Closing Date: August 6, 2014
Compensation: $55,602 - $62,665
College website: www.jjay.cuny.edu
- Develops and manages career development programs and services in a College of Unit and assumes a leadership role in the design and delivery of creative approaches to career education and planning.
- Assists in unit planning, such as setting goals and objectives, and monitors status of progress toward meeting goals
- Designs and produces outcomes assessment reports; reviews outcomes and feedback and recommends strategies to expand and improve services.
- Directs a portfolio of targeted career programs, such as mentoring, internship, and alumni programs
- Manages one or more aspects of career office operations, such as on-campus recruiting
- Evaluates new technologies, assessment materials, and other career tools, makes recommendations, and acquires/implements them
- May counsel a limited number of students - Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Associate
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
In partnership with faculty in the John Jay Public Administration Program and under the direction of the Director of the Center for Career & Professional Development, the Associate Director - MPA Career Program will provide service to graduate students enrolled in and alumni of the MPA program at John Jay College of Criminal Justice. In addition to the duties enumerated above, s/he will:
- Supervise career counselors and graduate assistants.
- Oversee department's services for graduate students in all other programs to ensure quality service.
- Continually assess needs of all graduate students.
- Manage programs and initiatives as assigned.
- Serve on senior leadership team within career center.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with employers and internship sponsors.
- Participate as a guest or speaker in various MPA courses.
- Participate in the MPA Program integrated academic advising program.
- Communicate regularly with constituents through email, social networking media, and print.
- Serve local, distance, and online students and alumni.
- Perform related duties as a member of the broader career services department at the College.
- Be available to counsel students at least one evening per week and on occasional weekend dates.
- Attend regular MPA faculty meetings.
John Jay College of Criminal Justice, a senior college of the City University of New York (CUNY), is an internationally recognized leader in educating for justice, committed to the advancement of justice and just societies. It is a public liberal arts college that enriches the entire learning experience by highlighting themes of justice across the arts, sciences, humanities, and social sciences. Located steps from Lincoln Center at the cultural heart of New York City, the College offers bachelors and masters degrees and participates in the doctoral programs of the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. John Jay College is also recognized for serving a broadly diverse student population. Under the leadership of its fourth president, Jeremy Travis, John Jay College has experienced unprecedented faculty hiring, an expansion of its curricular offerings, and the opening in 2011 of a new 600,000 square foot building complete with a black-box theatre, state-of-the-art lab space for students and faculty, a moot courtroom, and a variety of virtual learning settings.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 6 years' related experience required.
Master's degree in related field (student affairs, counseling, public administration) plus 3-5 years experience in student career counseling or academic advising preferred. The ability to function in an online environment and familiarity and comfort with technology. Excellent communication and writing skills.
$55,602 - $62,665
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply please visit: www.jjay.cuny.edu/jobs. Once you have registered or logged in with your user name and password, upload your cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references as one document.
August 6, 2014
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.