Director of Admissions (Position #4046)
Northern Illinois University in Illinois
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||July 14, 2014|
Reporting directly to the Associate Vice President, Enrollment Management, the Director of Admissions will be capable of creating a dynamic Admissions environment, motivating Staff, Students and Faculty. The Director will be responsible for the achievement of enrollment goals; will interpret and administer all university undergraduate admission policies; develop, coordinate and implement territory management; and provide oversight and strategic direction to the Admissions Office and the Transfer Center.
- Plan, direct and administer all University undergraduate Admissions operations in a manner aligned with best practices and in alignment with short and long term undergraduate enrollment goals.
- Develop and implement revisions to Admissions policies and operations as required.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement marketing outreach strategies for the recruitment of undergraduate students in alignment with NIUs short and long term enrollment goals.
- Plan, direct, coordinate and administer staff efforts towards achieving institutional enrollment goals; implement and supervise territory management; establish and monitor annual office objectives and performance criteria for the Office of Admissions in the recruitment of new freshman and transfer students including specific targeted groups such as underrepresented students, honors qualified students and veterans.
- Oversee large scale focused campus visits, and on and off campus events for prospective students, families and other involved stakeholders.
- Create activities to generate inquiries, admitted applicants and conversion/yield activities to ensure sufficient new qualified freshman and transfer student enrollments.
- In coordination with Division of Marketing and Communications, develop, co-ordinate, and implement marketing outreach strategies for the recruitment of undergraduate students, including, but not limited to online, electronic, and print marketing activities and communication.
- Maintain adequate office facilities and equipment necessary to meet the performance objectives established for the Office of Admissions.
- Assist individual colleges and academic departments with the development and implementation of recruitment strategies specific to their areas, and in the decision process with respect to special review admission cases.
- Effective utilization of technology, and the schools CRM operation to enhance and support new student recruitment, with ongoing search for new enrollment related technologies.
- Provide university offices with appropriate admissions related data in coordination with the Office of Registration and Records and other related offices.
- Represent the Office of Admissions on University committees as directed by the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management.
- Develop data analysis models to accurately monitor, project, and meet new student enrollment goals. Develop and coordinate online, electronic and printed marketing publications directed at the recruitment of undergraduate students.
- Prepare and monitor annual budget and all resource allocations and expenditures.
- Supervise and assist the Transfer Center in the development and operation of its mission. Represent the Office of Admissions on University committees responsible for admission policy decisions, and serve as participant and resource professional on other University committees and offices involved with the recruitment and retention of undergraduate students including Financial Aid, Scholarships, Orientation, Registration and Records, Alumni Relations, University Advancement, Academic Departments; and external community colleges and secondary schools.
- Exhibit knowledge of and compliance with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) regulations, both those general in nature and those which apply directly to position responsibilities. Strict adherence to all applicable governing policies, procedures and regulations of the NCAA is required and a condition of employment. Establish and maintain an active presence in national and regional admissions related professional organizations.
- Make admission decisions regarding undergraduate applicants based on NIU admissions requirements and serve as member of the Freshman Review Committee.
- Establish and monitor annual office objectives and performance criteria for the Office of Admissions for the recruitment of new freshman and transfer students. This includes objectives developed for the recruitment of underrepresented students and honor-qualified students.
- Develop, conduct, and assess professional staff services and training programs in cooperation with the Associate/Assistant Directors of the Office of Admissions and the Transfer Center
Bachelors Degree with a record of significant progressive responsibilities in Admissions, including eight years of professional experience in higher education, three years of managerial experience, and a history of working collaboratively with other units in a University setting. Candidate will have demonstrated ability to develop and manage cutting-edge technology systems for use in recruiting and admissions operations, including market segmentation strategies and data driven decision making. Significant experience with CRM software platform(s), recruitment, managing applicant pools, and territory management is required. Possess strong capability for budget development and management; excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills. Successful candidate will be a leader with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to supervise, motivate, and mentor a large, diverse staff. Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously are required.
Masters Degree is preferred.
Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of three current professional references to:
Northern Illinois University
1515 W. Lincoln Highway
DeKalb, IL 60115
Preference will be given to application materials received by August 31, 2014 , but will be accepted until position is filled.
In compliance with the Illinois Campus Security Act, before an offer of employment is made, the university will conduct a pre-employment background investigation, which includes a criminal background check.
In accordance with applicable statutes and regulations, NIU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, or any other factor unrelated to professional qualifications, and will comply with all applicable federal and state statutes, regulations and orders pertaining to nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. NIU recognizes Dual Career issues.